gvginc

Mar 26, 2005
Hi,

I have a kx65, and the piston is stuck in the cylinder base. The piston is obviously shot, and I was removing the base to install a new one. However, I cannot get to the piston pin because it is really beat up and stuck inside the base.

Any ideas? It is a 2003 kx 65

Thanks

GVG :nod:

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
i wouldnt reccomend this but this is how i have done it before push the kick start down untill the piston is at its highest point pack some rags under the barrel get a peice of wood (not crap thats falling apart) hit the top of the piston untill it comes free i would think the rings are stuck in one of the ports stopping it from moving
lets put it this way your sleve is screwed dont try to save it if the piston is stuck its gone

gvginc

Mar 26, 2005
Gazza2005au said:
i wouldnt reccomend this but this is how i have done it before push the kick start down untill the piston is at its highest point pack some rags under the barrel get a peice of wood (not crap thats falling apart) hit the top of the piston untill it comes free i would think the rings are stuck in one of the ports stopping it from moving
lets put it this way your sleve is screwed dont try to save it if the piston is stuck its gone
Hi Gazza,

You are right, the cylinder, and cylinder head are history. I had Kawasaki pull the piston out. The pin broke and came loose. Shaving were everywhere and jammed/shredded the sleeve. Now I am in it for $600 plus in parts.

Thanks for your help...

GVG

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
geez that sounds pretty bad you'll need to clean out the bottom end you might be better off finding a second hand sleve or complete barrel?

Top Bottom