crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
today i was jumping this small tabletop by my house and i overjumped and landed front first. i "panic reved" but didn't work and my bars jerked sideways and i went down. when i was able to move my knee again i got up and looked at the damage: my bars are bent beyond belief (riding a straight line is impossible) the clutch lever is broken, the wheel is out of alignment with the clamps, and my pipe was pushed back into my frame and pinched nearly shut. i ordered the parts for it and nearly cleaned out my account, this sucks. but just thought i'd share it cause now its kind funny.

mopowa

Dec 6, 2000
My last stupid wreck cost around $7000 in medical bills and a helmet,bars grips and a rear fender. I am real upsett about the fender:debil:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
dang, that's bad. i should probably go to the doctor cause my knee is still about twice the size of my other one and dark purple and this happened 6 hours ago

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
About a week after I got my 650, I did the same thing. Was jumping this one table top with no problems all day, then I must have hit the wrong line or something. All I know is I found myself staring at the ground when I was in the air. I gripped hard with my knees and did the panic rev thing, but it didn't help. When the front tire landed, I though, "y'know I might just save this!" No such luck.....the wheel jerked sideways, and I went over the bars. Only thing it did to my bike was bend the (worthless) stock bars, and tweak the fork in the clamps (wheel out of alignment with the bars).

Crashing really sucks......especially when it gets expensive! :debil:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
why do you say your crash was stupid?... just curious.

once i cased a triple and the bars jerked out of my hands like that. i went down and broke my shoulder, didn't even put a scratch on my bike.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Just curious.. Has anyone seen a stock '00 or '01 CR250 pipe last more than 4 or 5 rides without getting crushed/smashed/bent?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Cam Mitchell
Just curious.. Has anyone seen a stock '00 or '01 CR250 pipe last more than 4 or 5 rides without getting crushed/smashed/bent?

i still have my stock pipe. it has alot of small dents in it. no crash damage, all roost. it's getting replaced next week.

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
"My last stupid wreck cost around $7000 in medical bills and a helmet,bars grips and a rear fender"

Boy o' boy, medical bills are insane around my house! W/ the recent broken back issue I am going through we have recieved over $14,000 in med bills already.

On the subject, the t2's are nice but I wont run them because I have bent 2 pair already pretty easy.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Boy did my thumb run the medical bills up around the house.:scream: Im glad thats over with.So much trouble out of such a little thing.:think :confused:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
mx547

it was stupid cause it was a really easy tabletop and i've done it 1000 times perfectly and never once came close to crashing. but it was bound to happen sometime.

BTW, other companies need to come out with good aluminum oversized bars stock besides KTM i mean come on this is pathetic, trying to ride with these stock steel, skimpy bars.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
crkid-
I think the Tag oversize bars are very very good.
I have bent a pair or two,but i've also bent pro tapers.
i've seen the Tags take some pretty incredible hits and be fine.

sorry to hear about your "soil sample"..
but on the costly part of it..

It's all relative.

my crash on halloween ..

i bent the bars..broke the kill switch.. all minor stuff..
However my hospital bills are over $30,000 already and the remaining therapy and further surgery should put it around 50k at a bare minimum.

The morale of the story :
Dont listen to anyone that tells you to "Go break a leg"

:confused:

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Nope!. Those are the weakest pipes i've seen. My friends 2001 CR250 pipe lasted 2 rides until he crashed and bent the thing into the frame. Is it me or are Hondas stock pipes really week ?

Originally posted by Cam Mitchell

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
>this summer i bent some pro tapers realy bad and the rest of my bike
>
>------------------------------------------------»
>97 rm 125 for sale

so, how much for the bent up bike?:p

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by AJ Waggoner
crkid-
...but on the costly part of it..

It's all relative.

my crash on halloween ..

i bent the bars..broke the kill switch.. all minor stuff..
However my hospital bills are over $30,000 already and the remaining therapy and further surgery should put it around 50k at a bare minimum.

The morale of the story :
Dont listen to anyone that tells you to "Go break a leg"

:confused:

wouldn't the moral be buy some cheap health insurance? I don't mean go out and spend $150 for an HMO, maybe just under $40 month for a high-deductible, "Just-In-Case" type deal? Just curious.

skyman

Jun 28, 2001
I came up short on a 75 foot triple at Shady Grove on Tue.

It jammed my back pretty bad(25 or so foot drop to sudden stop)then ejected me over the bars. The only thing wrong with bike(YZ250) is a flat spot on my rim, and a bent front brake lever.

Top Bottom