Suggestions for novice track locations?

polyesterpig

Nov 21, 2001
Any suggestions for somebody getting back into riding tracks (besides get out of my way squid lips!). I used to race minis 15 years ago at Cycle Haven, Indian Dunes, Sadleback, Escape Country etc. I live in Long Beach, CA and would like to go riding mid week. Is there any place within a couple hours of driving that has a novice track. (sorta like the Showdow Glen track at Indian Dunes). Thanks

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Hi,

The Elsinore Motocross Park probably one of the best places to start. They have three big tracks, plus a 50 and an 80 track. The vet and the GFI tracks are both safe. Actually, I learned how to ride tracks at Elsinore about 2 years ago.

The other nice thing is that the place is not crowded during the week. A few of us try to hit either Elsinore or Perris on Wednesdays. Keep an eye on the board and watch for our posts. Also, the main track is closed on Mondays and the vet track is closed on Tuesdays.

For information on all the So. Cal. tracks, check out this site

Hope to see you at the track!
Bill

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm riding at Glen Helen on Thursday and you're welcome to join us there. Keep an eye on the Glen Helen posts and come out if you can. It might change to Elsinore on Friday but I'm not sure. Elsinore has a great selection of tracks to choose from, it's my personal favorite.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
polyesterpig...what a great name! Can I still call ya squidlips? :confused:

Most of the ride arranging can be found in the Places To Ride forum.
You'll probably get some good advice on riding tips here, but it usually works better if you have a more specific question.
There is also a Training / Recovery / Fitness forum that is moderated by an old, fat, outa shape guy who can relate to your predicament. :o

Welcome!

polyesterpig

Nov 21, 2001
Thanks

Thanks for ALL the Positive input. Looks like I'll be at Elsinore in my Bell Moto "3" and my 1989 Alpine Stars (both still fit and feel great).

Top Bottom