Sunline V1 lever? and KX125 mounting?

slinger34

May 1, 2006
I got the Sunline V1 clutch lever. It is supposed to fit the stock perch mounts. Well it does not.The lever is the right one. I checked that out. The bike is a 2000 Kx125. And the online microfiche shows the stock mount with the clamp parting line that is verticle. The perch on my bike has the clamp that comes off the bottom of it. 1. Can i assume i do not have the Stock perch. 2. I assume a oem replcement from sunline would fit this lever. Any suggestions or insight would be great. Also if any suggestion on perches that would fit, with quick adjust would be great.

Last edited:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
when you buy a heavier duty part like a lever and use a stock perch, you are going to have the perch break. Found that out on my kids bike with a ASV lever.

So sounds like you have not owned this bike since new. good chance you dont have the stock perch. But your best bet is to purchase these HD levers with their designed perches. Otherwise you will have a lever that survives the crash, but not the perch and end your day early.

slinger34

May 1, 2006
Yep, second owner of this machine. Bought from a race a shop.They did not know everything that was done to it. Ok so i did some searching. I can get a forged perch w/quick adjust from moose racing that fits oem style levers. My Sunline lever is designed to fit a oem style perch so. I am thinking this may work. I would have gone all sunline but The whole assembly is $170. too much for just a lever and perch.

Top Bottom