Sunset Ridge this weekend again!!!!

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
The website for the Mt Carroll track is http://www.mcmotopark.com/

We'll let you know later this week what our plans are. We may run the harescramble race on Sunday at Fox Velley or go down to South Fork. If we do that Saturday will be spent doing chores and honeydo's around the house.

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
I'm either racing the Sunset MX on Sunday or FVOR's harscramble. Either way I might be available for Sunset's practice on Saturday. Won't know for sure until later in the week.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Carnage

We are thinking about doing the Fox Valley harescramble also. Let me know what your plans are later in the week. We also have to wait until closer to the weekend to firm things up. I'm lucky if I know what I am doing tommorrow, let alone 4 days from now, things change quickly around here.

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
Hey Ron, I'll let you know later in the week. Like you, plans keep changing up until the very end. Is your son going to race the 80 class?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Carnage

Yes, he will be running the 85 class if we go. Right now we are about 90% certain we will be there. We will probably go over on Saturday to practice and then race on Sunday. The plans are heavily leaning that way right now.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sunset Ridge... the shoulder crusher track :moon:

Ahh seriously... that track rocks! Wish I was healed up enough to go bust out some laps this weekend but it ain't gonna happen. You guys have fun... wether you go to Walnut or Wardy's. I hope to be riding with some of you again sometime soon here.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
Nikki how is the shoulder?? Last weekend was great pretty dusty though!!!! I love that track it is safe and fast! Well in your case it was another person who put you down. Let me know when you are healed and we will meet up out there. I just wish it was open more in the summer.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
I dont know I didnt think about FVOR. I would perfer Sunset. What class will you ride in? As for now Im going to say no to FVOR I cant ride both days I have to work around the house and Sunday is better for me. Ill let you know if I change my mind.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I will ride the over 40 B class and Chris will be in the 80 juniors in the morning. Wardy puts on a fun event and you will be happy with it if you decide to come on over. I know what you mean about the household chores. I have to figure out how I'm going to get all of mine done and ride on Sat and Sun.

Chris and I took a drive to Joliet tonight to watch. That Euro track is definately open, we saw quite a few out on it. The previous post about the wood chips was right on. I had seen the track before, but hadn't looked close. It is medium size or about half the size of Sunset with VERY easy and low jumps. Not really what I would call a Euro track, but about as close as you get here. It is literally cut out through the woods on south side of the existing track. I think that is what has everyone confused on where it is, if you remember the woods to the south side of the parking lot the track is cut out through there. Narrow in spots with very easy jumps and wood chips in the turns, no clue what the pupose of that was. Looks like they are also clearing the space for the indoor track but it hasn't begun construction yet, the material is there or so it seems.

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
I'm still considering FVOR Ron. Would love to do both days but I'm afraid that cash flow might dictate a different story this weekend. I also might need Saturday to get the bike together anyways. I have a bunch of friends that'll be running FVOR as well. I really want to run Sunset though so it's becoming a very difficult decision.

As far as the scramble goes I don't believe there are age classes in the 80s. I believe they just run one class for them and they will run with the 60s and women as well. If I go I'm not sure at this point what class I'll be running.

Nikki-Read about you accident. Tough luck to say the least. Hope your feeling better and healing quickly.

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
Looks like my decision has been made for me. I'll be racing the scramble at FVOR on Sunday. I'm going to need saturday to get my bike back together. Looks like no rain at the moment so hopefully it'll be ok.

CRBoy - will catch up with you the next go round at Sunset.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Carnage

If Fox Valley is on lets hook up before the mini race. I'll bring the grill and canopy. I have to spend Sat prepping bikes and doing household chores to keep the wife happy. She may come out on Sunday to watch also.

If Wardy washes out we are going to go to either South Fork, Sunset, or Watermen.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
South Fork is down in Taylorville (near Springfield) but another dirtrider.net member was there tonight and said they are under water. I called earlier and they were good, but must have got hit later. I have never been there before so I don't know anything about the place.

Watermen is the new indoor track. I know they will be dry and at least a last resort. They are pricey compared to everywhere else though. They are only a last resort for me. Track is cool though, it is an oversize arenacross track with a nice long set of whoops and many doubles. It will definately wear you out, or at least it does me everytime I ride there. The price turned me off early on and we only go there if we have no other opportunities.

If Wardy runs the harescramble you should come out for it if you can get away on Sunday. Otherwise, we may just have to give this weekend to mothernature.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Does anyone know if Casey got nailed with the rain today? They have an MX and a harescramble scheduled this weekend. Weather.com only shows them with .29 inch through yesterday.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
Im going to call Sunset tomorrow and see how the track is and if its to muddy I may go and check out Waterman? I really dont want to go to FVOR its ok for a couple hours that place gets to be boring after that. How tight will the trails be??

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
CRBoy - Sunday at FVOR is a race not a fun ride. The race is scheduled to run 1.5hrs but depending upon when you catch the flags might be riding for a bit longer. Trust me, after 1.5 - 2hrs of racing through the woods the last thing you'll want to do is ride some more.

KarterRon - Yeah, lets hook up, I'll be in my blk F250 and will be with another group of friends from here. There will be quite the crew. Let me know if your seriously bringing the grill and I'll pick up some food and stuff. If you want you can contact me at mx837@wideopenwest.com - I still don't know if my son will be going or not. Need to clear that with the ex.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Sounds good carnage. What time are you thinking of getting there if your son doesn't race? What class are you going to run? I will be getting there around 9:00 if I can get Chris up and around by then. I will bring the grill and a canopy for shade.

CRboy, let us know if you want to come out. If nothing else we can grill up some burgers and bench race for the afternoon.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
Well guys count me out this time. I cant ride sunday. I promised the wife I would work on the yard Sunday and she made plans for tomorrow so that is why we are working on the yard Sunday. We have to start getting the house ready for sale. Maybe next time.

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
karterron - Looks like I'll have my son with me. Will be getting out there between 8 and 9. I'll be riding in the spode trailrider class this time with a couple of friends. There will be another one or two guys I know running in the 30B class. I'll bring some food for grilling then to. My other friends will be bringing a grill as well.

CRBoy - Will catch up with you the next time.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
Race info!!!!! Who, What, (as in what broke) When (when was it over) Where (did you guys place) and Why (why do I have to ask you should have posted already!!!!) :laugh:

Last edited:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Racing conditions were perfect Rob. A little bit of mud in a few spots but nothing severe at all, couldn't have asked for better course conditions. I don't think anyone knows where they finished yet, they had a problem with the posting of the results. I left at 4:00 and the results were not posted, race was over at 1:30. Anne Brooks left at 5:30 and the results were not posted then either. That will definately have to get fixed, not sure what happened but that just can't be acceptable to Wardy or the participants.

I know I finished in the bottom of the 40B class. I hit a tree branch when someone in front of me moved suddenly and whacked my arm pretty good. It was fine for a couple laps and then started tightning up so from there on out I just rode to finish the race. Chris got a 7th (out of 7) when he fell on a downhill and broke the clutch perch. By the time he got it back to the pits and fixed (I forgot I had a spare) he missed half the race. But he did go back and finish.

All in all it was a good day and alot of dirtrider.netters were there.

Top Bottom