wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Hey, all.

I'm planning a trip this weekend to ride the open practice at Sunset Ridge in Walnut, IL. Anyone have an accurate track(or surrounding snow conditions) report? We are 150 miles north in WI, and would prefer to ride the indoor at Waterman rather than ride in a swamp fest(although I've not ridden either track before....).

Thanks....
David.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I am 35 miles east of the track, we today still have snow in the ditches and some piles of snow here and there. with that said, he very well could have the track prepped and in good shape by sunday, there is alot of sand in the soil. 55 degrees and muddy beats inside all day long. course i have a 500 LOL>.

wardy

ps check sunset's web site to know for sure or give them a call he will be honest on the answering machine.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Saturday practice is cancelled (still need another day of drying) and a decision will be made on Sunday tomorrow. Call the track line for updates.

And since you've never rode Sunset - make sure to come down sometime this spring - the track is AWESOME!

Check out the ariel shot:

http://www.sunsetridgemx.com/images/DSC00955.JPG

slowmorider

Dec 9, 2003
Hello all, I have a question about tires. I've just started riding mx bikes and my only riding experience has been at Sunset Ridge. How often do you replace the tires? How do you know when to replace the tires? What would be the best tire for Sunset's conditions? BTW I'm riding a yz125.

Top Bottom