Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Greetings from Japan!
Hey guys, I'm a displaced Canuck, I live and work in Tokyo Japan, I run a liquor shop (yes you read that right). I have recently gotten back into bikes, I started riding when I was 8 back in Canada. My fav off-road bike was an old KDX 250 that had a lot of mods to it, bored out, jetted pipe etc. What a great bike!

I now have a Dual Purpose Kawasaki KLE Anhelo 250, this is a Japan only version, it has the inline twin from the Ninja 250, I also have the original 1985 Suzuki GSX-R 750, great old bike.

Well a buddy on mine went on a buying trip outside of Tokyo with another friend, the other friend bought a Suzuki RMX 250, while my buddy found a great deal on a 1997 KDX 220 SR (only Japan again I think) well, he found he does not like it, too much power for him, no place to plug his electric vest and grip heaters :) Well his loss is my gain, and I am now the proud owner of a KDX again!

Here is the rub, I bought the KLE for my lovely wife to lear how to ride a "CLUTCH" bike, as she only rides a scooter, I got the KLE at a really great price, as it had sat for a few years, I re-built the carbs and the bike is great, a little heavy, but it is not meant as a real off-roader, only fire roads I guess. Well I made a big mistake, she has a license for 50 cc bikes, and the next license up is a 51 cc to 125 cc, then the 126 cc to 400 cc cat. Well she cannot even get a learners for the KLE, so I will sell it and put the monye into the KDX (I think she has soured on the whole idea of riding anything but a scooter :( . I am selling the GSXR to a young friend who is just getting into sport bikes, I want out, as I cannot afford the tickets anymore :confused:

Well after that ramble, sorry, my question, problem is that I want to ride the KDX off-road, and Super Motard it too! We have a real ground swell of SM riding here, there are several short twisty tracks that the SM bikes just roost on, so I want to do that too. Nothing but fun to hand a buddy his head on a platter when your on a 2-smoke 250 and he is on a open class sportbike, and he cannot keep up:p

So I need some info on doing this, I hear that with a little work, the ZZR 250 wheels will fit.

With a little work, 30 min. or so, I would want to be able to swap between the two set ups.

Do you guys think this is possible?

Cheers!

Not sure if I can add a URL here, but this is my Gixxer site, and there is a pic of the KLE at the bottom of the second page...

http://www.masutoh.com/gsxr/gsxr.htm

frankfilm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 9, 2003
Hi,

I've been considering using a kdx for super motard.

Have you converted a kdx for super motard?

What have your experiences been?

Mahalo,
Frank

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Wow almost two years later and someone found this thread!

I really liked the KDX as a super Motard, but I ended up selling it as I kept on blowing up the engine. I tried to use the stock oil injector, this was a big mistake, if I had gone to pre-mix it would have worked out great.

i wanted more power than the KDX220 would give so I ended up with a RMX250R, this bike has a lot more power than the KDX220.

The KDX went to a friend, and he loves it, has a great time hooning on it.
They are great bikes, but cannot be run full tilt on the oil injector.

Cheers!

Top Bottom