supercross in Indy...anyone going?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
fatcat216v2 said:
True, but Kevin lost two spots on the flattrack (holeshot) corner, with the exact same mistake to both Villopoto and Dungey. My pal (knowing I was a Windham fan and wanting me to be treated to a Windham win live- as well as rooting for the "old guys" ) was pissed that he gave it away making the same mistake of going too wide. He rode safe after that.

It was awesome to see how hard Windham worked to take the lead from his teammate. Pure outright fun in that first lap..Then he was on fire. I was happy for him with the safe finish, and that he was never challenged for third...(fearing he didn't have the fight left in him to keep 3rd.)

The only time I regretted not having my camera was during the practice rounds. We were sitting right next to the entrance, and there were plenty of photo opportunities off bike- ones that maybe even I couldn't eff up?

Villapoto was running that slippery corner wider and wider in the last few laps. I was waiting for him to get a bit of the hay bails!!!!hahaha

Barcia was CRAZY fast in that spot. That kid will surely be top dog someday. freakin fearless!! He may be my new fav rider. I like his bit of sloppiness!hahaha

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
So "we" were all sitting together? I was in 148, against the plastic. I seen Gary towards the end of practice, that was about it. Did your camera get dirty Gary? Dust indoors, what next? I really cringe since joining here when I see a guy with a big camera shooting MX. Vintage Bob

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SVTMc-G said:
yup. we were front row...seats 1 and 2. great seats I must say...easy to get up and keep the beer stock replenished!!!!hahaha

Well, I was in 443 row 1 seat 10. Had my typical Red Bridgestone hat on.

whenfoxforks-ruled said:
So "we" were all sitting together? I was in 148, against the plastic. I seen Gary towards the end of practice, that was about it. Did your camera get dirty Gary? Dust indoors, what next? I really cringe since joining here when I see a guy with a big camera shooting MX. Vintage Bob

Yeah, it was good to sit and talk with you again Bob. Family looked like they were all in as good condition as can be expected!

The camera was fine. I think I got one or two shots that I like, even though I had some issues. I don't like the lights in that place. I think next year I'll take a grey card and do the white balance the right way. Although I noticed that it wasn't only my pictures that had a really bad yellow cast to them. Thanks to Nik Color Effects Pro for cleaning them up and making them not suck quite so much.

I also got to meet Chili & Lazyboy on Friday night. Good guys. Next time I buy the beer.

I also sat with fatcat & her friend from Chicago for a while. She may be just a little crazy, but she's a damned nice lady and a pleasure to be around.

I look forward to next year.

I'm thinking about putting the call out before tix go on sale so maybe we can just buy a row or two together.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I sure am NOT going to be down there next year, the 300's are about the perfect height to see the whole track. The only thing is the shin splitters. This year I did not get them! Vintage Bob

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I sure am NOT going to be down there next year, the 300's are about the perfect height to see the whole track. The only thing is the shin splitters. This year I did not get them! Vintage Bob

Where we sat, there was one of those "clubs" right out side of the entrance to the seating, inside was an escalator to the street level right at the west entrance.

I was out of the building in no time.

I'd be happy to put you guys on our ticket list Bob..

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
Thanks Indy for letting us join you and vouching for my character... :nod: . My buddy was uber impressed with my move to get past the gatekeeper...Lol. I truly am a pro when left to my instincts and do not give one thought to what I am doing. ha ha.

Put me down for 3 tickets for next year!! Tolle won't get off the hook this time.

Chili- sorry we did not catch you during the practice rounds. I forgot Indy was too cheap to have texting on his phone, so when we got into town I kept texting and texting. oh well. It would definitely be cool to have made Friday dinner as well, but my weekend was about nearly perfect. Okay, it was perfect. Period. Hopefully catch you at Millville? Third time is the charm?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
well...it seems I missed everyone. I'll meet Gary when I invade his land to show my no skill on his track!hahaha

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
SVTMc-G said:
well...it seems I missed everyone. I'll meet Gary when I invade his land to show my no skill on his track!hahaha

You're not alone... looks like we missed running into the DRN crew too. I didn't even know Chili was gonna be there. Oh well, next year!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Check. And check the 10 day forecast! Yeah baby, 3 of the best track condition races, over 20 some years worth, was in February~March. I feel a race in a week and a half? Vintage Bob

Top Bottom