Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
There is not a whole lot of advantage of the rear suspension from the KX. Pretty much the same. YOu would be better off seding the shock to get revalved and swap the fluid and new nitrogen.

For the front, you need the complete setup. Wheel, hub, axles, brakes, tripples and forks. Then press out your steering stem and into the KX unit. Do some research to make sure they take the same lower stem bearing. That should tell you that you have the same diameter on the lower clamp. From there, bolt it on.

The KDX250s also had inverted units at 43mm and I know they and the 91-95 KXs use the same 32006 lower bearing. Also the 93-94 200s had 41mm inverteds, kind of odd units for inverted forks to be honest.

tryxtar

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for such valuable info. Back here in the Philippines, we dont have access to revalving and such. But is it possible to install a rear suspension to my 2000 kdx from later KX's? We also don't have much aftermarket bike products here except old parts. Poor country you know. Again, thanks a lot.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Like I said, the rear is not really that much of an issue. If anything, do some research at the Racetech site and check the spring rates for the bike. Buy new springs if you need some.

The newer KX shock may have a larger shaft diameter which would help. But really a revalve would solve your rear suspension needs. Buy some Gold valves and install them yourself!

http://www.motocross.com/motoprof/moto/mcycle/suspen.html

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom