04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
What should i set my clickers at on my suspension? I weigh right around 165 with my gear on. I am 6 feet tall and ride in tight woods with a lot of rocks. Do these clickers really do much? Ive never really played with them.
Thanks
Chris

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
(Get Manual)The suspension clicker (Bottom of fork) is for your compression and it will make the shock stiffer / softer. Clockwise is softer and you will need to turn the clicker all the way counter clockwise till to clicks no more(start position). Usually 8 to 10 is the stock setting of softness, unless you have beefed up the spring rate which then I find you want a little more softness from the shock. Example: I have a 96 KDX and the stock spring rate was .34mm but I've changed that out to a .42mm so I have the clickers set on 12 clicks out from start. Unfortunately there is no rebound setting for the KDX shock on my years shock so there are other tricks involved to getting the rebound to slow down a bit since I find that is a big issue with these shocks I think they added rebound adjustment to your year KDX. Good Luck with it. What part of Jersey are ya from?

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
Im from up north in passaic county. I ride down in the pine barrens every now and then and i love it down there... no rocks thats the worst part of riding up here. Thanks for all your help.
Chris

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
Chris good luck with it. The shims will make a huge difference as well but not as easy to do as the clicker. I live in Sussex so I'm your county neighbor. Although I enjoy the many rock gardens and tight rooted woods in North Jersey. If you are ever looking for some good riding in your area look me up.

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
Im always looking for good riding anywhere. Stockholm is up 23 right? I ride a little bit farther south than that off of 23 around Cannistear and 515. Rock gardens are fun when you have energy in the begining of the day but they get old real quick.
Chris

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom