suspension help?

77irish77

Nov 22, 2001
okay guys i need some help here. i have a 95' kx250 that needs a suspension job
the valving is fine what i need to focus on (i think) is springs (stiffer). I've done some research and
im pretty impressed with racetech's stuff. So after getting done with thier evaluation as to
what setup i need, im a little more confused than before i started. First off the facts; im
6"4' 195 lbs. 21 yrs old and i ride intermediate motocross and trails. Racetech recommended
that i actually go down from stock 4.9 kg in the rear to 4.880, which is strange because
i want something more stiff, and up in the forks from .390kg to .438kg which seems
reasonable. I'm pretty new at this so any help would be GREAT
thanks alot

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
77irish If I recall correctly the 95 KX250 had a very harsh rear shock calibration : too much compression damping with still soft fork springs . The Kx turned well and was very fast but The shock was not very compliant . Race tech is probably trying to balance the bike a little better . That bike had a very fast motorand maybe KAW was trying to keep it from wheelying so the built a stiff rear shock . If you think you like the rear shock action the just try the stiffer fork springs .It sounds like you will notice a big improvement just with that . Maybe just do one end at a time and your tuning will be more focused. Anyway that rear spring may be sacked out a bit now They do get sacked out and can lose their energy @7years old spring might not rate 4.9 . Are you sure its the stock spring? GOOD LUCK DEAN

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
77 Irish : while youre thjer better take a look at the upper shock mount & tower , Ive welded up a few of these KXs the footpeg brackets crack also. CHEERS DEAN

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
irish. dont forget that you can tell if the spring rates are correct by measuring free and race sag.

77irish77

Nov 22, 2001
cool thanks alot guys all of this is definetly pointing me in the right direction in terms of tuning and maintence

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…