Suthern Spodefest (April 27-29) NEW THREAD

Lemming

Looking for single women!
At Wrench's urging, I have started a new thread for the spodefest to eliminate any confusion. The fest will be a gathering at Monster Mountain (http://www.monstermountain.com) from April 27 - 29). The owner has given us a price break ($10/day instead of $15/day). Both the Monster track and the vintage track will be open, as will the trails which are normally closed. Camping is allowed (primitive). There is a hose setup for washing bikes and the owner doesn't care (and won't charge us) if we hook up a pressure washer (if someone brings one). Porta potties are a plenty. Five minutes to downtown Tallassee which has lots of fast food and the like. Nearby bike shops can be found from the MM link above.

OK, who's going to be there?

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200, '00KLX300R (For sale)

I'm going to be there and if you remind me I will bring my pressure washer. It takes the same gas as my bike :)

Probably show up Friday night and stay through late Sunday.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
I can probably swing an early Friday arrival. Let me know what i can do to help.

_SOLO_

Pro Champ
I'm hopefully gonna be there. btw there is a prespodefest ride planned friday or saturday at a new track near my house, there is a thread in here about it.

------------------
Big Chic in Rear.

I'll be there. Looking forward to my first official Spodely(sp) event.
Anyone else from Atlanta?

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
I WILL BE THERE!!!!!
I may be bringing a couple of my riding buddies as well. Not sure if we will make it down on Friday, probably early Saturday.

They want to see the location of my infamous BAMA BUBBA sighting! :p

wrench

CNM

Sponsoring Member
If all possible, I will be there along with my riding buddy :). I won't know for sure until it gets closer. If I can't find a babysitter for my son (4 yrs) I'll just have to bring him with me. He would love it anyway. Hope to make it and finally meet some fellow DRN'S.

[This message has been edited by CNM (edited 03-14-2001).]

Now that we have a date, who is planning to camp out?:P

------------------
CR500, now you were saying?

Me and seven of my friends (cr seth kdxghostrider bartman) are coming from mississipi. Leaving friday. Lemming will the hare scramble course be open too?

Lemming

thebird - Some of the HS course will be open as will other trails. There is one section that the owner leases for HSs that may or may not be open depending on how many DNRers show up.

I doubt that we will be able to jump from the trails to the track in race mode, simply because that requires you to cross the parking area. Since there will be others using the track on the weekend (they will be having open practice), we won't be able to do whatever we want.

------------------

Lemming

Come on you Suthern Spodes, lets hear from you. Or are you afraid of us Bamans :p

Biscuit-I'm planning on camping the entire time. Since I don't have a portable shower, I'd suggest that you camp upwind of me :o

------------------

SpokerAce

Lifetime Sponsor
I'll be there with Wrench...although after hearing about his last trip I may not let him navigate...

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
Originally posted by SpokerAce:
I'll be there with Wrench...although after hearing about his last trip I may not let him navigate...

Just fir that, I'm leaving the Spare tire at home! :p

wrench

Lemming,

I was wondering why, in your other thread, you said, "This is officially a non-event as far as I'm concerned."

I'm thinking of making the drive down from Maryland again and want to attend an event. Can you explain you meant?

Thanks,

Curtis (maybe SpodeDog "Slick" will make it again)
XR4

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
Say, when you guys gonna come alittle further West? Like Louisiana or West Mississippi, somewhere where the Oklehomo people and Tejas folks can join in

------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.