Suthern Spodefest (April 27-29) NEW THREAD

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Biscuit,
Lemming can attest to the fact that I have given new meaning to a BAMA MUDHOLE! :p
No need for a search party .. those "rodents" always seem to pop up!

Ivan,
Be careful, those pesky little snow rats are quick on their tires! :p

Biker,
See what you can do.

Byrd Man,
Glad you can make it.

wrench

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Well I see the smack is starting to fly. Although I'm on the injured list at the moment, I'll be ready for ya Jawja boys next month.

And yes Wrench, after my 5th gear over the handlebar get off in the MM HS last Sunday, I had the fortitude to rip the flapping rear fender off of my GG. I may be a spode, but I sure don't want to look like one ;)

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200, '00KLX300R (For sale)

thebird

Sep 28, 2000
sorry guys have not been online in a few days we are leaving fri afternoon and staying in the holiday inn near the track and will be ready to ride first thing sat. morning.

Biscuit

Feb 16, 2000
Lemming, you are correct the smack is starting to heat up. I am sure that it is going to get worse the closer we get.

Speaking of which, Gomer, where are you? I have been working on my poking stick and want to make sure that I will have a good target :p BTW, you didn't give Ivan directions to MM did you? I recall several posts about your directional challenges.

Thebird, do you have a number for the holiday inn? BTW, how far is that from the hotel?

Smokin Joe

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally that week was conflict-free but either I got dates mixed up or the Ridgerunners' Enduro was rescheduled to that weekend. Anyway I may only be able to come for Friday/Saturday at the best. Put me and my buddy Steve down as maybes.

Carry On,

Joe

------------------
Joe Hammond
Meridian, MS
'97 KTM 250 EXC, '85 XL-600
AMA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, NETRA, SERA (soon)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Whoa!! When did this happen. I thought the schedule said that Ridgerunners was on the weekend before. I just looked at the flier. New location and everything!! Lemming wouldn't commit to a fest if it conflicted with the SERA enduro schedule.

Decisions, Decisions.

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
They must have changed the date on us.
I guess I could ride the spodefest Fri. & Sat. and then head over for the Enduro Sunday AM.

------------------
Mark
GasGas EC200
KTM 125 Enduro

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here looking at the schedule and it says that the RR enduro is on the 22nd, not the 29th. When the ---- did they go and change it? I made sure that the date didn't conflict with any SERA race when we set it, so it's a fairly recent change.

Man I don't know what to say, I need those points as much as anyone.

------------------

Smokin Joe

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2000
HERE'S THE SKINNY FROM CARL IVEY @ VILLAGE CYCLE IN STARKVILLE MISSISSIPPI!

There's some WACKO Environmentalist Lawyer that's threatening to get the race shutdown if they had it in Desoto forest. Apparantly he tried last year but he filed his injunction 2 weeks before and the club had time to fight it. This year he told them he'd do it the day before so they wouldn't have time. Plus it cost so much last year to keep the race they can't afford to fight it this year. That may be why the date is switched as well. It really sucks that you can dot all the i's and cross all the t's with the government and still some a$$hole can come along and file some bull$hit petition and screw things up! :(

Anyways, the trails will be some of the Meridian HS loops plus they got an ajoining landowner's permission to cut some new trails. So plan on lots of tight and little to no easy connectors to rest on! :p

So I'm not lossing my mind after all, at least not yet! :D

Joe

------------------
Joe Hammond
Meridian, MS
'97 KTM 250 EXC, '85 XL-600
AMA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, NETRA, SERA (soon)

Smokin Joe

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2000
Just another thought- If any of y'all are interested you can come on over to my hose in Meridian and spend Saturday noght and have a place to wrench on your bikes if ya want. Just let me know. I live 10 minutes from the trails.

Cheers,

Joe

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Man that really BLOW'S :p :( :mad:

wrench

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by Lemming:

Nothing yet from Gomer, I think he's scared :o
Yes, Gomer, you got to pick the course at Bremen and you beat me. This time I pick the course, payback time :p

I am saddened to report....After speaking with the High Lord himself the other day, he will not be able to attend the Southern Spodefest. He is working in Atlanta during the week and returns home to SC on the weekends to be with his family.
You have to admire a man for having PRIORITIES!
So, if there is going to be any "stick pokin'" ... It will have to be done on Thursday evenings at Calhoun SX! :p

wrench

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Joe - thanks for the info on the race. Guess I'm going to loose out on some valueable year end points that weekend.

Gomer not at the spodefest :(

Kawboy - I haven't heard you say whether or not you plan on attending :eek:

------------------

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by Lemming:

Kawboy - I haven't heard you say whether or not you plan on attending :eek:

I think that waaay baaack when in the original thread, he said something about it conflicting with his school schedule. I think that all of the talk about the MudHoles has scared him! He is SKEERED about getting that green piggy dirty! I think he even takes apart his chain (all of the links) after every ride, and lubes the O-Rings individually! :p

J/K Kawboy

wrench

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Wrench you forgot to tell them about how I take a razor and sharpen every knob on the front and rear tire after each ride. ;)

Lemming, I will do my best to make it down. Wrench is correct about school. I'll have to work it in somehow, but I will plan on coming down (perhaps Saturday afternoon and Sunday).

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
Since I'm going to be off-line for about 9 days I thought I'd toss this idea out for you guys to think about. I think this is what my plans are going to be since this event is so close and I need the points.
Everybody ride Fri. & Sat.
Sat. evening or early Sunday morning, the woods riders or anybody wanting to try a good enduro could pack up and head 2 hrs west over to Meridian for a spode enduro.
We could get some rows together. You can sign-up as late as 8:00 and still ride. There is decent camping at the site or plenty of motels in the area.
The Motocross riders could stay Sunday and plan an impromptu MX race.

------------------
Mark
GasGas EC200
KTM 125 Enduro

Fast Frank 1

Oct 31, 2000
I'll be there looking forward to meeting the masses. Would like to talk to some 300/400 gas gas,ktm owners.

P.S. Is there any problems with bring guns, fire trucks or hookers :p

------------------
99 TTR-250
98 YZ-250
80 YZ-250
74 Elsinore
74 MT 125
Yam 80
Hon 50
It's all just relevant.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Confirmation list has been revised.

wrench

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Here's a definate list of Jawja boys who will be at Spodefest.
Porkchop RM 2-fitty
Biscuit CR 5-hunerd
Weisal CR 2-fitty
Weisal jr. KX 1-hunerd
Joe CR 2-fitty

See ya at Roll Call!!!!
Porkchop

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Way to go PorkChop! :) Jawja gang ... full tilt boogie!
With this many riders showing up, do you think that we will need to have everyone wear a number? I hear that those Bamman Boyz can't count past the number of fingers and toes that they have! :p

Oooh, i'm gonna get it now!

wrench
ALSO, CHECK OUT THE CONFIRMATION LIST IN THE MIDDLE OF PAGE 1. i WILL BE UPDATING IT AS NEEDED.

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 03-25-2001).]

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Hey Wrench,
Do you know why the F.B.I. has such a hard time solving crimes in Alabama? Seems no one has any dental records yet everyone has the same DNA.
Now I know I'm in trouble!Porkchop

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Colorful yet elusive bird, man that was great. Best line i've heard in a while.

If all us Jawja boys look left and laugh, what do the 'bama boys do? make fun of Mrs. Zippi.

------------------
...faster than a speeding..., well not really.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do all of the trees in Georgia lean to the West?

wrench

Top Bottom