jcastelh

Feb 8, 2004
I am thinking about stepping down from my 03 crf450 to a crf250. I am a little over 6 ft tall and weigh 150 pounds. I love the power of my 450, but all that power along with the weight of the bike just wears me out to quick. I race at the amateur level and feel that I would be faster on a lighter bike. But I do wonder if I will be disappointed with losing the awesome power of the 450. I went from a 250 2stroke to a 125 2stroke many years ago and hated to 125 due to the pipey motor and lack of bottom end. I fear that I will have the same problem again going from the 450 to the 250 4stroke. If anyone has been in the same situation and stepped down, I would appreciate your thoughts, or anyones thoughts on my situation.

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
I think you would be better off just working out and getting stronger so you can handle the 450 easier. If you are already in good shape you could just slow that bike down alittle. Flywheel etc. Plus you can always take the flywheel weight off later. Its less expensive to make a bike easier to handle that make a bike go faster. If you got the 250f you would probably want more power right away. So you would start spending money on pipes...

Top Bottom