Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
After racing primarly MX for the past two years, and having sold both my EXC's, I now find myself back to riding woods again. Here's my delima; I love the SX400 Im currently riding in every situation except for slow plunking. Ive geared it down as low as I can, 12/54 and its to the point where im topping out in sixth, but yet still too tall for the really tight stuff. A flywheel weight may help some, but ultimatly I would need to put a EXC 1st gear in. I was considering getting another EXC but its just a lengthy/costly process of getting the suspension and the power dialed to match my SX,.. which by the way are perfect.
I guess theres nothing really short of splitting the cases and installing an EXC first gear. :think:

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Shaw,
I suppose everything is relative. I have a 200 xc-w and put the sx first gear in it. I felt it was too low and unusuable. I find 2nd gear good for even the tightest woods, I do slip the clutch though. I will be happy to sell the xcw or exc first gear to you!

Mark Sarge184@aol.com

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
T.Rider Thanks! I maybe interested,.. just not sure if thats the same 1st gear used in the EXC 400/450,.. i'll have to do some checking on that!... (2st parts in a 4st :think: ) LOL!

SFO,.. thanks but no rekluse for me,.. old habits just die hard!.... and I just love abusing that clutch at times! :aj:

TRider,... check your email

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
K.Thrower,... good ta hear from ya man! No I hav'nt,.. I maybe quite surprised aye?,.. but what about those crazy times when you just want to get up on the tank,.. wack it open,.dump the clutch, and let er rip it all to hell!!! :aj: LOL!

Whats up with that 640 ADV?,... Looks like your taste in scooter's is a'changin! ;)

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Just gave the body at little "break" and rode 640 for awhile. Tried it, selling it, going back to where I belong....

640 is sold, guy is picking up on Sat.Already got me eye on another orange toy....

Hope to ride with you this year, see ya Shaw :aj:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
We just started up again,.. meeting every Sunday 10am at Maybrook,... plenty of awesome single-track, love to see ya show-up!
Drop me an email; Xrgshaw52@msn.com

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Shaw520 said:
but what about those crazy times when you just want to get up on the tank,.. wack it open,.dump the clutch, and let er rip it all to hell!!! :aj: LOL!

You still can. With the rekluse you can leave the clutch lever on the bar and use as a overide. They work very well. If I had a fourstroke I would have one. Its worth tracking down a bike with one and test riding it.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Shaw520 said:
We just started up again,.. meeting every Sunday 10am at Maybrook,... plenty of awesome single-track, love to see ya show-up!
Drop me an email; Xrgshaw52@msn.com

Count on it. Mind if Rohnman tags along ?

I got to get you up to NCATV club lands, different from CATRAland. I also could show you some decent Adirondack trails near Lake George, but the trails are bony! So if you don't feel comfortable in rocks, it may not be your cup of tea! We love bringing MX guys up there :laugh:

smorgan11@nycap.rr.com :cool:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
380EXCman said:
you can leave the clutch lever on the bar and use as a overide.

Wow,..cool! did not know that! hmmmmm....... so when dumping the clutch,..do you still get the same effect to the rear wheel?

Knobbie,.. sure! bring the Rohnman down too! I think next sunday is on. drop me an email later in the week for more info. ... (Nice choice of new bikes there)

Top Bottom