Synergy Grips (half waffle soft compound)

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
When I was at DW04 I was able to get my hands on pre-production Synergy grips from Pro Taper. They are a half waffle soft compound grip that honestly I was very impressed with. Normally I really don't care what type of grips I use because I can't feel much of a difference between the medium and soft compounds, and I just get what ever is convenient.

The first thing I noticed was that there were no previsions to safety-wire them onto the bars. (I always safety-wire my grips) At first I was put off by that, but gave them a shot anyways.

After taking the old ones off and getting the Synergy grips on I cut the ends of them off to mount my bark busters back on. When I safety-wired them on I notices that even though they were very easy to cut with a knife they allowed the safety-wire to sink into the grip and prevented the pigtails from being bothersome.

Once I got a days worth of riding in I was really starting to like these grips. They are soft enough that I notice it and like the feel of them, and they have a side benefit of not being tacky or sticky. And after more then a few get-offs and some nice hard crashes they have held up very nice.

While they are not for sale yet from Pro Taper when they are I’m going to get an extra pair or two. :cool:

Top Bottom