mike_h

Nov 9, 2000
I got my new handlebars, Tag T2s, just recently and went for my first ride. Unfortunately my hands started to go numb from vibration. I'm interested in filling them with silicone to work as a dampener. Is there any certain way to go about doing this? Tilt the bike, just fill the bars till it starts coming out the sides, or what? Thank you for your time and help.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its best to fill them while they are in the normal position-take the grips etc off and fill them till it comes out the ends(put rags on the floor).It will fill most of the bars this way if you want wait till the original amount drys then lean bike over and fill the remaining gaps.Also on the KTM check those plates that go to the head as they tend to crack, and check the main bearings as well.

mike_h

Nov 9, 2000
If I fill the bar with silicone, then don't like its affects and choose to try something else, is there some way of getting it out? An example would be if I decided to try dampening bar inserts.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
I had the numb hand problem but the solution wasn't in silicon or anti-vibration bar ends. Using a bigger grip fixed me. I changed from stock grips to Scott which were thinner. The thinner grip made my hand close more and use my forearm muscles more. The thicker Pro-Grips are what I prefer.

Top Bottom