nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well, a semi-sloppy MX track made us decide to run on the GP track - but I think the Tag-Team MX Race was a great success! We did a random draw for teams - we had 45 riders (15 teams) and many new friends were made among teammates. The racing was close and everyone looked to be having a lot of fun!

I want to thank everyone that helped me put the race together in such short notice. It was pretty funny... the race was scheduled for 1:30 and Shiftless gave us all a big scare by saying it was 1:20 when it was really 12:20. We all ran around like crazy for 5-10 minutes then realized we still had an hour to prepare :confused: It was great!

We had a competitive battle out front for 1st. In the 9 lap race, the top two teams swapped 1st place back and forth a bunch of times! Then most of them huddled around to see the final outcome of the excitement as we sorted out the scoring.

The Podium Finishes were as follows (please provide DRN names if you know them):

1st place CHAMPIONS:

Billywho
Ray
Steve Beckwith

2nd place:

Offroadr
JohninKY
Motometal

3rd place:

Mike Zimmerman
tx246
ttrguy

Thanks to everyone who participated!! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Great job Nikki!

It was a blast! Even when BlowupBilly roosted me twice on the bad thumper

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Heck, I was flagging the race and had a Great time.

Billy sure could fly down the hill couldn't he?:eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rich calculated the speed of that bike pinned... and you heard it bouncing off the rev limiter.. put a rider on it and 70+ MPH is doable. I don't doubt it, he was flying :scream:

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Hey, I'm the John on the #2 Team. It was so close an extra cup of coffee would have given us the win.

Nikki, a great job. Love that GP track.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
I never get to play in the raindeer games :think

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Johnny, whatever you do, don't tell anyone about your "top secret proprietary super exhaust modifika-tion!" That's your edge!

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Oh yeah, the exhaust modification. The result of years of thermodynamic and computational fluid dynamic modeling. And 5 minutes of shopping at Autozone for muffler tape, hose clamps and safety wire. Must have been running about 90HP at the rear wheel. :D

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Yes, it was certainly no surprise that you destroyed that chain, literally tensile testing the pins and plates! Name brand chain, too. Poor thing, didn't stand a chance...you voided all warrantees, exressed AND implied!:p

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
That exhaust mod should be patented! I should of had you show me how to do mine!

Top Bottom