Tag-Team MX Teams Selection - What Do You Think?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm trying to post a poll... we'll see if I can figure it out. (Nope - I got to the screen to put the options in - then hit "post" and it wouldn't let me... oh well...)

Anyways - which do you think would be more fair/better for selecting teams for the tag-team MX at dirtweek? I just want everyone to have an equal shot - or we can just go by the luck of the draw?!?

Option 1: Throwing everyone's name in a bucket, regardless of riding ability/experience, and picking two (or three) at a time to form teams.

OR

Option 2: Having people designate their riding ability (1-experienced, 2-somewhat experienced, 3-not very experienced) then putting the experienced in one bucket and the not very experienced in the other (balancing out the amounts with the somewhat experienced riders) then picking one rider from the more experienced and one rider from the less experienced bucket to form a team.

Please vote 1 or 2 or offer and other ideas. Thanks!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd go with no. 2
That way no one team should be able to run away with it by having 3 experienced MX'ers on their team.

B

biglou

I think #2 is probably the most fair, but I like #1 better. The problem with #1 is that there will in all likelyhood be a couple of teams that wind up with all super-fast or all very-slow riders. However, it's all just for fun so it may not really matter after all!:)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
My $.02 worth

Nikki - Last year, at the MWSF, we ran into the same difficulty with the team HS. You rely on people to be honest and truthful about their abilities yet, in all walks, there are those that would sell their mother for a cheap plastic trophy. I'm not saying anybody cheated last year, but there is a better solution.

Rather than trophies for places, give out trophies based on accomplishments like team that had the most fun, team that showed the most sportsmanship or strangest combination. Just don't tell the competitors what the prizes are until after the race.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
psst... there are no trophies for this.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I will be looking for partners for ALL team events. Preferable someone REALLY REALLY fast who doesn't mind coming in with a 317 minute lead and me blowing it for a next to last place finish or DNF :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Darn I am gonna miss this

Nikki I say go with the #2. Hopefully that way it will turn out somewhat even but if you notice a very lopsided runaway I like Truespodes idea of a surprise to throw them off. Maybe a detour into the gulch of death pokie plans to use in the womens MX:p

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
ROTFLMAO!!!!
That's just TOO funny!
So, JP exactly how long have ewe been waiting to use that link?
:think
You're baaaaaaad !
I know, you didn't do mutton!

. . . ok I'll quit now:confused:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Ewe are kidding, right?

I got that link from Gomer about a year ago. That's his homepage. :p

jroseberry

Sep 25, 2000
If we can make it on Thursday I would like to race with my daughter and we both are very slow. For us it would be just a unique experience of getting to race as a team. I do not think she will be there untill Friday I do not want Her to be absent two days from school.
It should be fun how ever it is done.

Joe Roseberry
KDX 200
KX 80

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I vote for #2 but either way like I said you cant please them all. This is all just for fun and will give most people an opportunity to meet 5 people that they may not otherwise get to meet or ride with.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I vote for #2. Probably would be more fair in the long run. But, #1 could be very interesting. Hey guys and gals this is for fun and bragging rights around the old camp fire!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
if we really want something to talk about around the campfire, we can put sawblade and bswift on the track at the same time.:)
are there any cedar trees at casey?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I say #1. Luck of the Draw. Everyone's perception of skill level is always relative.

Truespode, JP
You guys are sick!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
if we really want something to talk about around the campfire, we can put sawblade and bswift on the track at the same time.:)
are there any cedar trees at casey?

Hey, I would team up with Bswift any day of the week... as long as there are NO cedar trees around!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I see a new roost oportunity

I would surely hope there are no ceder trees on the MX track. Besides, isn't a little freestyle part of MX nowadays? Justql gave me a 9.9 on my "kiss of death" stunt, he just didn't like the dismount(neither did I). Who else do you know that can perform this trick at ground level and not 30' in the air. I kinda think the "Heartland Contingent" of DRN could whip the Mods and Admins in this event! The only thing we would be missing is a "ringer". I'll call Guy C. this weekend and see what his plans are.:p

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I vote for # 2, If someone sandbags, we can throw sticks at him/her from the side of the track , ......or tar and feather him /her at the camp fire that night:p

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
#2 or some sort of handicapping system. Like assign riders 1-9 points, 9 being pro level, 1 being true beginner. No teams over 10 points.
I am looking forward to riding with bswift, mx547, and sawblade again. I haven't had as much fun as I had watching bswift and sawblade play tag in a long time. Also watching mx547 kick everyones butt at an enduro was awesome too. His name explains why that was cool, MX???

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
justql,
Don't think for a minute that we aren't going to get you out on the track! You know that your Gas Gas wants to get a little air! A;) This time, (hopefully) bswift and I won't play tag team tuff guy!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Come on Sawblade, don't you want to rub a little plastic? They'll just have to stager our laps. MX547 will get Justql on the track, he did an enduro so Justql owes him. I'm riding with Justql tomorrow so I'll push him a bit.:p

Top Bottom