B

biglou

I'm hopeful Swift and I can get to David's in time to close down the Friday night party like we did last year. I'll try to get on the road early on Friday (noon or sooner). That should put us in Flower Mound by 8-9 instead of 10-11 like last year.

What's the plan for tailgating Saturday? Chef Dave is out, so we need to go to "Plan B", whatever that is! Is anyone going to head this up? Take donations for food? Bring a grill? etc.

Also, I guess the plan is to ride Nacona on Sunday? I'll probably bring the blue piggie, just so I can watch Billy clean Twinkles' clock... :p Have to leave by noon, however, to make it back to KC (via Tulsa) in time to unload and get some sleep for work Monday morning.

Swift-Sound good to you? Got room to haul both bikes down? Are you going to ride? Are we staying at Gene's?

Questions, questions!

Last edited by a moderator:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
how about this for a master plan? lou slides down to swifts on thursday night and sleeps in the barn. swift/lou head down to tejas early fri morning. stop in a lil place called muenster and ride your butts off with the woods crew. call it a day and head down to denton to shower and unload stuff. head off to davids for the party that night. sat is sx day. get up sunday and ride nocona for a couple of hours before heading home. what say you swift and big lou? oh yeah, justin, okkxr, dwreck, old maico nut, lorin this applies to you too.

B

biglou

I don't have any vac time to take for the weekend, unfortunately. :( I'm going to try to get out of work as early as 10AM, putting me at Swift's around 3. If we hurry, we could make Thump's by 7 or 8.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
No Muenster riding for you guys? There's a large group that will be there Saturday until Monday.

BTW are we allowed to come to the pre-SX party if we won't be at the SX?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm with Lou for everything this year. Had to "cheap" out but necessity requires it. Brutus will be ready to load when you get here Lou. I'm getting anxious to go.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Actually, a bunch of us woods guys will be there Friday, too. Going through the third gate to the parking area where the trials guys usually park, and staying through Sunday. PM me closer to April 16 for the code for the third gate.

Jim

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But aren't there trees and stuff at Muenster?

Looking forward to the weekend! Will be sweet to see Billy grenade Thump's 450. :thumb:

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
There is this one tree there that I have issues with. No matter how hard I try to miss it, I wind up hitting it every time. I gave up trying to miss it a few months ago. I'm going to cut it down before it gets any bigger and spawns off evil children!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Keetoman said:
There is this one tree there that I have issues with. No matter how hard I try to miss it, I wind up hitting it every time. I gave up trying to miss it a few months ago. I'm going to cut it down before it gets any bigger and spawns off evil children!
What a wimp! I guess we should send MXBundy out there to fix that tree for ya'. Paul Bunion might have had his axe & blue ox but the Bundymiester just wrastles them thar sticks into submission :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Patman said:
What a wimp! I guess we should send MXBundy out there to fix that tree for ya'. Paul Bunion might have had his axe & blue ox but the Bundymiester just wrastles them thar sticks into submission :laugh:

Keeto: Patman is right ... all we need is Bundy. I wish I could remember where the photo is, but suffice it to say that he took a 4~6 inch tree out at the knees at DW 02. :laugh:

Re tailgating ... I have a grill I can toss in my truck.

Menu?

B

biglou

BEEF! It's what's for dinner! :cool:

lol, Anything would be fine with me. Lean meat (beef, chicken, pork) and some beans would do me just fine.

If anyone (Tony?) is going to head this up, post here and we can send a few bucks your way.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Great Lou is eating that freakin' Boca boogers crap. Lean? We don't need to stinkin' lean! And BEANS?! No freakin way any beans is getting cooked up!! I sat next to Lorin last year and he about killed me and my entire family, without beans! :ohmy:

How about brats, some chicken, dog and burgers? Salsa del Slo' Mo is a must have, maybe I can get Sandy to make some pumpkin bread for Billy... :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
biglou said:
BEEF! It's what's for dinner! :cool:

If anyone (Tony?) is going to head this up, post here and we can send a few bucks your way.

It dawned on me ... can I bring a GAS grill? The Homeland Security Black Helos won't come get me will they? :laugh:

Menu ...
Brats
Burgers
+ fixins for both
yard bird

beans (for Pat), cold slaw, potato salad
chips and mama slo' mo salsa :yeehaw:

BYOB

How does that sound?
How many folks?

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Tony Eeds said:
It dawned on me ... can I bring a GAS grill? The Homeland Security Black Helos won't come get me will they? :laugh:

Tony Remember my Grill was a gas one... I dont think you will see the black helos coming for ya....

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Txbigguy said:
Tony Remember my Grill was a gas one... I dont think you will see the black helos coming for ya....

Duh! :clue:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Keetoman said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
tx246 said:
how about this for a master plan? lou slides down to swifts on thursday night and sleeps in the barn. swift/lou head down to tejas early fri morning. stop in a lil place called muenster and ride your butts off with the woods crew. call it a day and head down to denton to shower and unload stuff. head off to davids for the party that night. sat is sx day. get up sunday and ride nocona for a couple of hours before heading home. what say you swift and big lou? oh yeah, justin, okkxr, dwreck, old maico nut, lorin this applies to you too.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
tx246 said:
This interests me but I will have to talk to my chauffer(OKKX'er) and see what he thinks. I had fun at Nocona last year and am really looking forward to finally getting to ride Meunster. I hope the weather cooperates like last year.

B

biglou

Haha, yeah Dw, we got some starts to practice at Nocona. I gots me a new bike... Let's hope I can get her broke in before then!

As it stands right now, I can only ride a half day Sunday at Nocona. As the time gets closer, I might see about buying some more ride time.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
At present, Butch and myself are considering getting to Muenster Friday AM, riding some, camping some, going to the sx on Saturday, and riding some more at Muenster on Sunday (assuming we are going to be able to use the park).

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The landowner has agreed to let us use the park. Friday will be just like a regular Friday: call the park and get the gate code. Saturday and Sunday, the park will be closed to the public, but we'll be able to go in the third gate and ride. I'll have the code for that gate. We have about 30 riders tentatively planning to be there one or more days.

Top Bottom