DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Well looks like I'm not going to make it. Have fun without me. Hopefully we can put something together this spring.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
ok, we are down to who is going. sorry about those not able to make it. if you are thinking about going but the "headlight and or fuel range" issues are stopping you, dont let it. it is nice to have lights but not absolutely needed. its amazing what you can see when someone behind you has lights. ive ridden out of there with a $10 led light clipped to my helmet. as far as fuel goes, most 250cc mx bikes will get at least 20mpg and that is a 40-45mile range on a tank of fuel which is plenty if you dont mind the 3 mile ride to town on a county dirt road for fuel. if you dont want to do that, then a couple of qt gatorade jugs in a backpack will get you back just fine.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Now that the headlight/fuel concern has been addressed, I'll go ahead and commit.

Proxy said:
Ryan, when are you planning on rolling in?
I'm not sure, but I'll be leaving sometime Friday evening. I don't remember how long the drive takes (what, like 3-4 hours?), but I'm guessing I'll get in between 9 and 11.

I'll be leaving Sat. night too... I committed to a day of MX with the kiddo on Sunday. Might regret that decision. :bang:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
the_monk said:
I don't remember how long the drive takes (what, like 3-4 hours?), but I'm guessing I'll get in between 9 and 11.
EDIT: Apparently Mapquest and Expedia calculated completely different routes. Expedia was wanting me to go up to I-40, then down. This added about 100 miles.

Mapquest says 4 hrs 41 minutes, sounds about right.

Hittin' the road now, see you guys out there!! :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom