RACER557

Mar 11, 2007
how can you tell if a taller seat is needed, or your bars moved ahead? i am 6'2" and ride a 05yz 250 2stroke in the vet class. the parts are a little pricey just to try and see if it helps. any info would be great. thanks

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'm 2 inches shorter and have LOVED the bikes I've ridden with taller seats. It doesn't force you to bend your legs as much when seated and it is usually a softer ride, too.

Just as the seat-to-footpeg distance is better suited to "average" sized people, so is the handlebar placement. You would probably benefit from moving them forward a bit, but don't make the mistake of doing it just by rotating the bars forward...it is better acomplished by offset mounts or a different top triple clamp. Rotating them too far up/forward will result in the ends turning up and putting your wrists in a bad position.

i think you can set your back suspension higher. normally the problem people have is they want the seat lower
You can raise/lower both the front and back by adjusting preload, using different springs, using different linkage components, and/or raising/lowering the forks in the triple clamps, but... all of those affect the geometry and handling of the bike. If not done correctly and correspondingly both front and rear, handling will likely suffer.

RACER557

Mar 11, 2007
thanks for the info. weight is not a problem i only weigh 170lbs. yea i no your one skinny guy. hahaha. i have long arms and legs. just feel like i have trouble getting forward enough on bike to corner good. and feels like my knees will hit the bars when i lean the bike in a corner. maybe it is just me.

rjl250

Oct 18, 2004
I'm 6'2" as well, and have highrise tag bars and a tag upper triple clamp. They help me a lot especially when I'm standing. Now when I ride a bike with normal bars it feels like I can't staighten up. I would really recommend at least doing these mods. The taller seat will help keep you from having to stand so far, but doesn't do anything for you when you're standing which should be 90% of the track. If you start having a problem with stamina look at that, but spend some money on the bars first.

Oct 8, 2006
I installed the tall sdg complete seat, and that foam is ROCK SOLID, which isnt a good thing, just riding on the seat alone for a practice day bruised my tailbone for 2 weeks. So go for something different than SDG. If this is just me somebody say something because man I think the hardness is way too much.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom