theDogger

Mar 11, 2006
Ok looking for some feedback...I am 6'8" now and 265lbs. I used to race when I was younger but now I am a dad and my son wants to get into the sport. The last bike I raced was a 1989 Kaw 250 the expert-class. I have not been on a bike since. The bikes back then seemed to be a bit more spacious for my big frame. I have yet to get out and actually sit on the bikes but am wondering if any of the TALLER riders have any input as too which 4-banges are cramped or spacious. Also what type of setup are you running to make the bike fit your larger frame...triple clamps lower pegs etc...

I have heard the the RM's and Honda are small and the Yamaha are the most spacious. I would 1st get the suspension done and then seat foam and triple clamps and pegs.

BUt right now mainly looking for feed back on the feeling of the newer bikes 2003-06

thanks

theDogger

Last edited:

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
My husky 610 is nice and big... I'm 6'6" and 195.. Then again, my knees are still BENT when I'm flat-footed on the ground (the sag could always be changed though. my shocks are set normal)
In terms of things being spread out, I like it a lot...

I can't tell you a lot, because I haven't ridden it, but I have been sitting on it from time to time to get a feel for it while I work on it.

Good luck!

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
A taller seat will be a definate must along with some taller bars. It kind of sucks that most bikes are built around someone that is 5' 7" to 5' 10" and 155 to 175 lbs.

Steve

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
Euro bikes, KTM's/Husky etc have the largest seat/peg relationship. The bars are an easy fix with raisers.

Or a CR500 with a tall seat/bars would be bike enough to hual all of you around...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I was a tad cramped on my XR400, but the 525EXC works awesome, with the bars in the farthest forward position and lowboy pegs. Tall seat is next.

BTW, I'm 5' 20" and a biscuit or two short of 300 lbs

Top Bottom