oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
I'm 6'4" and working on getting my bike to fit me nicely. I've seen some taller riders using lowboy footpegs to lower there stance. These aren't available for my bike so I started looking at my existing pegs on how I could modify them for a lower stance.
Then the question came to me. Why not move the peg down at the mount? I could easily make cut off or even make another footpeg mount and weld it back on the frame lower than it is now. I'm capable of doing the welding so that's not an issue.
I don't know how much, if all, this would affect the geometry of the bike. There's enough room on the frame to move the pegs down a full 1 1/2".

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I, too, am of the sasquatchian variety when it comes to height, and I got the lowboy pegs for my KTM. You'd be surprised at how little you move them (I believe about 10-15 mm) and how much difference it makes.

The issue with moving them the full 1 1/2 inches you have available would be the ability to reach the shifter. Of course you could shorten the shifter but you'd be changing the angle which could change how easy the bike shifts.

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
i found it easier to cut the attachment lug off the peg itself then fab up a new one. i just moved mine back. now moose racing makes them and theyre already on my new KX.Don't forget a Tall seat foam.

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
XRpredator said:
I, too, am of the sasquatchian variety when it comes to height

Pred had to graft a set of Rokon pegs to his KTM. :yikes:

Attachments

• untitled copy.jpg
    untitled copy.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 97

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Hey, don't poke fun at that Rokon, the US Army Motorcycle team used to race them(thank God they were on Suzukis when I got on the team)

Top Bottom