TCCRA Race 3101 - Athens TX... Whoohoo

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Alright fellas, let's see a show of hands, how many people are comin? I know darnjr will be there, and I would suspect taraker and scott_ktm would be there too (Matt in his new ride nonetheless). Anybody else? :yeehaw:

Here's the flyer : http://www.tccra.org/images/3101.gif

The following info was taken from http://patmanracing.com/pre_athens.htm Thanks Patman, you do an excellent job!

Big Track...10.25 + miles

I rode this place just last week, and as you can imagine it was wet. The good news was that there was no place that was not makable.
 Ross has, for the most part, kept us on the higher ground and out of the swamps this year.
 The start is gonna be a blast, a fairly long straight and sweeping right hander before ya get to the main track. We'll be running to the right or counter-clockwise, or backwards to the direction we ran last year...sorta. Truth is, that while I recognized a place or two from last year, most of it is new, and thankfully, he left out the swamps!  I did recognize the last mile or two as the first mile or two from last year, and there is one section of whoops that is left over that will surely get your legs burnin'.     I'd run soft terrain tires here. Stock gearing should do, it's not very tight at all. There's not too much in the way of rocks, though I did see some on one of the hills. There were just a few vines and uncleared areas to catch your jersey on when I rode the track, and I got poked in the eye at least once. But for 90% of it, I'd say it's actually wider than last year...nice...fast. If it rains, the promoter has pre-made many bridges to keep things moving across the wet spots, and had tractors available to move them into place.
:yeehaw: :aj: :thumb:

Also, I already started this thread HERE

Last edited:

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Oh, you know I'm ready.
I just hope my wife doesn't go into labor this weekend. We're due for our 3rd son in 8 days. 1 and 2 will be with me in Athens.

Top Bottom