yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Alright fellas, this is it, the last race of the TORO season. It's been a pretty good season for most of us so far. No real injuries, and some decent finishes. We're going back to Bonita again this year. Supposedly they flattened ALL of the sandy whoops, we should only be so lucky :silly: . Let's get some more guys out here. I realized that I hadn't been posting for every race as I had before, so I thought I might try it out again. Psycho? TXbigguy? Come on you guys, where yall been? Hey, Stan the man, I'm callin you out. Why don't you come try and race with us. You can ride that 200 in the 125 am class. You really ought to give racing a try, it's a blast. http://www.race-toro.org/Fliers/BonitaWeb.pdf That's a link to the race flyer.

Come guys, let's represent the dirty dirty, uhh, NTSP? :yeehaw:

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
I will be there. Racing for the champioinship, although I will have to lucky to win it all. Last race a B6XX guy would not let us by and cost me 3 spots and the points lead. I doubt that there will be no whoops. Last I remember that is all there was. I may go up Sat for practice cause I need to do well this last race. Good luck all.

Scott C122

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by taraker

And Eric, just make sure your at the scoring trailer on time :confused: :laugh:

Nah, I'd rather be just almost late (yanno, like walk in as the first rider enters the chutes) just to piss Jeff off. :p

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Ya'll better put on your dampers and exercise your legs before this one. You better lose those hardpack tires too, there's rain in the forecast.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok, last call fellas. Late Friday night, leavin early Saturday, anybody else in?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So Matt, how'd you do? I know when you came by me you were in 3rd of 4th. Maybe that smaller sprocket helped, and we know that that greased axle made a difference :) . I went down hard 3 times early on. Somebody took me out (that's racin) in the first turn. Then 2 turns later I went down again, broke my visor and rung my bell pretty good. By then, I was at the back of the open class so I really had to play catch up. Got past 10 or so open riders when I went down again. After that I decided to finish my lap and call it a day. We had already had enough excitement for one day (during the expert race as you recall) and I was in dead last. My worst finish for the rest of the season was 16th, and I was figuring I would do worse than that yesterday and it would count as my drop anyhow so what's it matter if I get a DNF or a 20 something. Oh well, can't wait to start them TCCRA races :thumb:

Anybody rode at Athens? :yeehaw:

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
That was tough. I rode 2 laps Sat and knew it was going to hurt. I got the holeshot again, swapped lead a couple times the first 2 laps. Last lap was just hanging on and got 3rd. Today I am hurting. Sore everywhere, I could barely get out of bed today.

I just read on TCCRA forum, Athens course is closed off until the Friday of the race. I do not remember the course last year because I crashed 6 miles in and separated my shoulder. I ran the whole race and all I recall was the pain. Hope it is better for me this year.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Word has it I lead the race most of the first lap, right up till the point I tried to blow through a small clump of trees and ended up with one stuck between my brake and frame, a couple of minutes later, and quite a few racers, I was back on the track & managed to work my way back to 3rd. Last lap I gave up two positions, it was all I could do to just hold onto the bike from mile marker 11 to the checkers.

I was surprised when I came down the hill to find you guys gone, my first thought was, damn, Eric gettin fast :)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by taraker

I was surprised when I came down the hill to find you guys gone, my first thought was, damn, Eric gettin fast :)

No, not taht fast. yet....

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Yeah, I saw you at the top of the hill and I was just thinking to myself how happy I was not to have to do that section of whoops again. :yeehaw:

That specific section and one other seem to just so whooped out and deep in sand that by race end they are just to big :whiner:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom