bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
OK...someone make the call....TNT, Manchester or Parsons.

Stump and I will be riding Monday. We discussed Manchester because if it rains, who cares?

Anyone?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Parson's is still closed if I'm not mistaken. The ranger is trying to get some help to get a bridge put back in place that got relocated by severe winds. It *may* get done Saturday but no word on whether the trail system will officially be open by Monday.

There is no official word of when the worday will be... it is a last minute thing.

If the work at Parson's is not done until Sunday or Monday I'm going to go and help there. Otherwise I'm thinking of going to TNT Monday and doing a little work on the trail if I'm not too tired from racing Saturday night.

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I am still recovering from my most recent crash and sourcing parts to get the bike back together....so I am out of riding for at least another week.

Ivan, let me know if you are doing the TNT trail thing for sure and I may join you.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Scott my vote is for Manchester for Mon. I'd much rather go to Manchester, although if I have some people to brave the ruts w/me at TNT I might consider it. I'll give Mad Mark a buzz and see if he's interested as I told him I would ride w/him one day this weekend.

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
I'll throw out another one... Frances Marion. For those of you that have not been, you're missing out on some great trails... 40+ miles without crossing your tracks. Should be a little less whooped out than Manchester, but similar conditions. Either one is good for me.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
We may want two plans. One without rain and one with.

Brian,
If you are hip to riding some challenging, rough trails, I’m not opposed to TNT, absent more rain that is. I could also be persuaded to return to the intermediate track. (Very fun) Maybe even a couple of laps on the big track. (Doodads are swelling, possible injuries in the future).

If we get rain, Manchester or as Stump suggested, FM is also a lot of fun.

Gomer, ask Lori if you can borrow your nuggets so you can make a decision. :p

Where's Dave?

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by bscottr
Where's Dave?
I'm right here! :silly: I think

Gomer, ask Lori if you can borrow your nuggets so you can make a decision. :p
Are you kidding? Lori's not going to let him out of the house with those.
Bryan, are you paying attention!!! Your finance will own those things.

If you are hip to riding some challenging, rough trails, I’m not opposed to TNT, absent more rain that is. I could also be persuaded to return to the intermediate track. (Very fun) Maybe even a couple of laps on the big track. (Doodads are swelling, possible injuries in the future).
If we get rain, Manchester or as Stump suggested, FM is also a lot of fun.
I'm sick of TNT, the trails suck, no one works on them, everyone complains about them, Ivan has been known to burry people back there. If I'm going to spend my hard earned money, blaaa, blaaa, blaaaaa. Whatever, I'm where ever everyone else is at. Like a sheep. :moon:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by Whyzee
I'm sick of TNT, blaaa, blaaa, blaaaaa. I'm ever Like a sheep. :moon:

Now all of us were able to walk away from that one.....trouble maker. ;) :)

Heck, if this is all panning out at TNT, I may have to bring my bike and ride.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I stayed quiet. ;)
LOL....Me too. When I was on a roll in the Brown Mountain thread, I didn't know there was a battle brewin' elsewhere.
Bryan, are you paying attention!!! Your finance will own those things.
Pssst...... hey Bryan, (whisper mode on) lot of folks looking after you here. Experienced folks too. :thumb:

I think Gomer is calling Lori to see if he can reply to this thread. :moon:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Pssst...... hey Bryan, (whisper mode on) lot of folks looking after you here. Experienced folks too.
I know Scott, its an never ending battle, but I'm still winning as of now. My riding is one thing I stated very early in the relationship that is MY thing, and its something she'll just have to live with.

I think Gomer is calling Lori to see if he can reply to this thread.
LMAO

Whatever, I'm where ever everyone else is at. Like a sheep.
I'm a sheep as well. :laugh: I'd much rather go to Manchester, but whatever ya'll decide. Just want to get a group ride going again. Where is arbitrary. Again I'll be out of any MX shinanigans though. By the way where is this Francis Marion? And does it require a spark arrestor?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by flynbryan
Sorry can't admit to that one yet.
Bryan,
Trust me, YOU are whipped! There is no shame in admitting it. In fact, the sooner you do, the longer your relationship will last. And just 'cause your whipped doesn't mean you have to give up your marble sack. (Right Gome her?) :confused:

Dave has taking you under his wing and provided you with valuable insight. Listen good grasshopper.....he's a wise one. :thumb:

Now you should consider the intermediate track if we go to TNT. Lot's of fun.

Francis Marion is about 25 minutes north of Charleston. Since you are not whipped I won't mention that it's very ATV friendly. Oops. :)

Stump...what do you want to do? I'm hip to just about anything. My thoughts are TNT if it doesn't rain Saturday or Sunday and Manchester if it does. If these folks aren't hip to Manchester if it rains, then FM?

Gomer....you :flame: son?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Ivan,
If it pans out for TNT Monday, does Barbara have a chain saw & 4 -wheeler? One of the best turns on the trail behind the MX track has a tree down across the trail that we could clear for her. Prolly wouldn't be a bad idea if we had some flagging tape to block off some of the alternate routes created by ATVs as well.
Now if we had a Bobcat........

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Dave has taking you under his wing and provided you with valuable insight. Listen good grasshopper.....he's a wise one.
:laugh:

Fair enough. I will learn from Dave the ways of the whipped dirtbiker. ;) If we do go to TNT maybe we could make a 1/2work 1/2ride day out of it? I'd just as well rather go to Manchester, but again what ever the concensous chooses. Also I don't rule out Francis Marion either as long as it doesn't require a spark arrestor.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by bscottr
Now if we had a Bobcat........
If TNT had a skid loader, I'd come down and work for Barbara. I'd think I could have the trails in tip top shape within a week. Only problem is they would be 7' wide. Not that it would bother me.

As far as the intermediate track, is there anything that can be done to drain that track better? when it's dry(ier) that track is a blast.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Some slope in those flat track turns would help. Make it where it drains to the inside part of the turn. If you go low you're gonna pay. Or make a few off camber so it drains to the outside.

Stump and I rode it when it was wet and still had a blast. But I think you're right, it'd be very fun dry.

How much longer is Aryn down?

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Aryn got his hard cast off last week and is now in a walking cast (removeable), now he has skinny leg syndrome. He has a new pair of Sidi Force he will get tonight as well as CP and a new gear bag! It’s his B-day today. If everything goes well he could ride Monday.

Ya know something that would be cool for the intermediate track would be to take a left after the inside tabletop and run uphill (like Glen Helen) a 180* left and then a banked right leading into the finish table top !!!???

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Aryn got his hard cast off last week and is now in a walking cast (removeable), now he has skinny leg syndrome. He has a new pair of Sidi Force he will get tonight as well as CP and a new gear bag! It’s his B-day today. If everything goes well he could ride Monday.
Tell that kid to take it easy if he does ride. :thumb: I hear that skinny limb syndrome takes a while to build back strength. By the way Daddy Dave, I could really use a new FMF Q muffler while your in the giving mood. :yeehaw: ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom