490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
How do you install these crazy things. I thought i knew how it was done but afterwords i wind up pulling the whole bunch (3) off at once or simply couldn't find the tab. :bang:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I could show you better than I can tell you, but here goes:
  1. make sure lens is clean
  2. install first tear off on lens pegs
  3. roll big hole in tab over onto peg
  4. install next tear off on pegs, holding big tab down
  5. repeat steps 3 and 4
Sometimes the tabs won't pop out, but it seems to work relatively well. There are also laminated pre-packed tear off setups that I guess work well.

Of course, I use roll-offs, so . . .

also, your thread title reminds me of a story: A pirate walks into a bar. He has a steering wheel attached to the front of his pants. Bartender asks "what's with the steering wheel?" Pirate answers: "Arrrr! It's drivin' me nuts!"

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
XRpredator said:
also, your thread title reminds me of a story: A pirate walks into a bar. He has a steering wheel attached to the front of his pants. Bartender asks "what's with the steering wheel?" Pirate answers: "Arrrr! It's drivin' me nuts!"

Nice Pred, my wife actually got it! :)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
To make finding that tab a little easier, try creasing the folds when you are finished, it will cause them to stand off just a little farther from the strap.

Dirtjunkie85

Mar 2, 2010
Depending on when brand of goggles you have they may offer laminated tear offs (were 7 tear offs are stuck together so dust doesn't get between them) but then you just have to worry about the loops on the pull tabs so you don't grab the bottom one. You just need to find the style that works for your riding. You may try the roll off system too if you can't get it worked out. Good luck and happy riding!

Top Bottom