Tech 8 strap length?

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I sold my Tech 6's and took delivery of my Tech 8's yesterday. It seems as though the straps are shorter, although I forget how difficult it was to get the Tech 6's on when they were new. I could barely get the 8's strapped up! Especially the middle two straps on each boot. I ordered them a size larger because of the bootie, so I figured they would be even easier than the last pair. Will they stretch out, or do the Tech 8's come with shorter straps?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Cam, in my experience, they don't stretch much (in fact, I could swear mine shrunk over the winter one year...do your feet actually get fat, along with the body?  :scream: ).  If you cannot get the straps around your ankles now, you will likely need longer straps.  Although the boot doesn't stretch much, the straps will break in, as you likely already know, and should get easier to buckle at least.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Cam,
WHen i forst got my Tech 8's, the bottom 3 straps were tight, they have seen too wear in though and are easy too strap up.. How do the boots fit you being that you ordered a bigger size than normally?? Curious..
RIck

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I went ahead and made a phone call, new straps are on the way.. I've got to give a big :thumb: :thumb: to Alpinestars customer care! I didn't have to ask for new straps or anything.. I mentioned that I went from Tech 6's to Tech 8's, one size bigger, and the straps won't reach.. She says "Oh, well then how about we send you some extended straps?" :)

I can get the straps up if I wrestle with them for 5 minutes. Once they are all done up, I can go from one to the other, tightening them up more and more.. But I don't want to fight with the boots every time I try to put them on. My Tech 6's were a breeze to get done up. It is the bottom 3 straps that are difficult, the middle two being the worst.

The size bigger seems to work good for me with these. My Tech 6's were size 14, they fit pretty much perfectly.. The new ones are size 15, which also seem to fit great.. I mail ordered the boots, so I didn't want to risk getting a size too small and having to send them back. With the bootie in the Tech 8's, I've been that this would be my best bet.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I'm may just give them a call for some extended straps.. I'm hoping Santa will bring me some Asterisks for CHristmas this year :) That is cool that they took care of your problem right away.. How do you like the boots??

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I haven't used them yet, but I will this weekend if things go as planned. I'll let ya know how they compare, I'm sure they'll need some break in time though..

Cam

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I have the same problem Cam, I'm glad to here you can get longer straps. I'll have to call and get some. I thought this was something I was going to have to live with. Josh has Tech 6 and they are much easier. Thanks for the thread.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…