Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I've been a Tech 6 user for a couple of years now, and I bought a new set of Tech 8's in December. Due to the weather I've only got 5 rides on them.

The boots took a few rides to feel comfortable and get used to. At first they were a bit of a disaster, the straps were too short, the buckles were almost impossible to do up (because of the straps) and they were just not comfortable.

I forgot what it's like to break in a new set of boots.

For the first few rides they feel more comfortable each time. Now after five rides, they are extremely comfortable, I could wear the things all day long with no discomfort. They feel as good as tennis shoes. Way more comfortable than my Tech 6's were.

Each ride, the short straps became less and less of an issue. They seem to fit much better now and the straps / buckles seem fine. I think that this is due to the boot breaking in and forming my feet better, bulking less around them.

I like how you can remove the bootie when you wash these boots.. That way you can put the boots back on before they're fully dry, and no wet feet.

The support in these boots is fantastic, as is the construction quality, and they look great. There is definitely more ankle and heel protection on these boots than there is on the Tech 6's. The Tech 6's are plenty sturdy too, so I don't know if the extra protection is "neccessary" but it's definitely a perk.

I couldn't be happier with these boots right now, but I dread replacing them and having to break in a new pair again. I don't think I would go back to a Tech 6, these boots are just way too comfortable. It's almost like wearing slippers when you're walking around the pit area.

I give them a 4.5 out of 5 rating. If they weren't as heavy/bulky, and weren't so difficult/painful to break in, I'd give them a 5. The boots are so darn comfortable and work so well now that they're broken in, that the bulkiness and break-in barely seems worth mentioning.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
i'm surprised you like them that much better than the 6's, as there are several Alpinestar models "below" the 6's. Looks like we get what we pay for, eh? Probably a better grain of leather as well. I'm shopping for boots, but puckering at the cost. Guess it's an investment for the long haul.

Anybody know how much the replacement "booties" cost? Do they wear out?

How do the sizes run? Same as your normal shoe size?

thanks!

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I really don't know if they are worth the extra over the Tech 6's.. If you're on a budget the Tech 6's are a great boot. I had them for over a year and had no problem with them. IF you can afford the Tech 8's, I highly recommend them. If not, like I say, the Tech 6's are great too. They just don't feel AS comfortable to wear all day long.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
MotoMetal,
My T8's ran the same size as my shoes.. Not sure about how much replacement booties run, but after a year mine still look new..
They a quality boot in my opinion..
RIck

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I agree w/ RickyD Motometal. My tech8's are the same size as my regular shoes. And the Tech8's are definately the best boots I've ever owned. Top notch. Even though I may not buy another pair of 8's(just have more bills to pay now :silly: ) I will never buy another brand. Alpinestars have got a lifetime customer from me. :thumb:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
If you have big legs, go with a size bigger. I went with the Tech 8's out of neccesity because my calf size plus knee braces were too big to fit into anything else. There should be a long drawn out thread in this forum about my boot troubles. I went with Monkey Butt on mine, got em for 280.

Top Bottom