September 27 – 30, 2007

The Lone Star Convention & Expo Center
9055 F. M. 1484
Conroe, TX 77303

Agency Personnel - Thursday, September 27, 8AM - 5PM
- Friday, September 28, 8AM - 1PM

Public - Saturday, September 29, 8AM - 5PM
- Sunday, September 30, 8AM - 3:30PM

The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC), in cooperation with the Angelina, Davy Crockett, Sam Houston and Sabine National Forests is conducting a Motorized Route Designation Workshop in September for agency personnel and other stakeholders. The purpose of this workshop is to assist the Forest Service and other stakeholders in effective implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule in their State. While the sessions on Thursday and Friday are designed primarily for Forest Service personnel and the sessions on Saturday and Sunday are designed primarily for the public, the sessions are open to all who want to attend and there is no charge. Continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM each day. Lunch and breaks will also be provided.
Registration is required on-line at:

https://conference.nohvcc.org/?EVENT&EVENTCODE=010193-28&PASSWORD=4718&template=rdwTX

Or you may visit www.nohvcc.org and click on the “Forest Service OHV Route Designation Workshops and Database” link to register.

The registration deadline is September 17, 2007. For questions about registration contact Ann Vance at 888-458-0131 or e-mail avance@nohvcc.org .

NOHVCC has secured a limited number of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, 2240 Stoneside Road, Conroe TX 77303, phone 936-788-5200. These rooms are on a first come basis at the rate of $79.00 + tax per night. Ask for the NOHVCC room block. Deadline for this rate is August 26. After that date, call for price and availability.

This national workshop series is sponsored by the Americans for Responsible Recreational Access (ARRA), the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) and the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America (SVIA). Coordination of the workshops is provided by the NOHVCC. Design of the workshop sessions was a collaborative effort by professional trail consultants, ARRA, MIC, SVIA, American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC), United Four Wheel Drive Associations (UFWDA), and NOHVCC, with input from USFS trail managers.

The Agency Workshop objectives are:

To develop a better understanding of the needs and concerns of OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders in implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule
To improve the quality and the sustainability of trails, trail systems and areas through the implementation process
To improve OHV enthusiast and other stakeholder input and support for the implementation process
To increase partnerships between the USFS, the OHV industry, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
To facilitate better communication between the USFS, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
OHV Enthusiasts and Other Stakeholders Workshop objectives are:

To develop an understanding of the FS Travel Management Rule
To help OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders become more active in route designation decisions
To help OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders understand how to improve the quality and sustainability of trails, trails systems and areas through the implementation process
To increase partnerships between the USFS, the OHV industry, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
To facilitate better communication between the USFS, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council is a non-profit educational foundation. For information regarding NOHVCC and its workshop programs visit its website at www.nohvcc.org.

###

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering 98% of the land in Texas is privatly held this is HUGE!!! Opening / RE-opening public land for riding will do nothing but help give us more places to legally ride and show more families what a great sport we have.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Guys:

I would sincerely like to pack the convention center with folks. I received, last night, the PDF of the actual press release. I was on the conference call that put this together following our preliminary meeting with management folks for Angelina National Forest in Jasper this spring. I was there when the route designation workshop idea was broached. I am not trying to fluff my feathers, rather to tell you that the time is right for change. I can see it, I witnessed it.

Between now and the meeting I would like to foster a discussion across the board about what our message needs to be and how we say it.

Before we start the discussion process though, I want to ask that everyone here thank the Blue Ribbon Coalition by becoming a member. The BRC filed the lawsuit that brought the FS back to the the table. We had a very powerful discussion with BRC and agency management at the NOHVCC Conference in Charleston WV in March. Support them!

As a member of the BOD and the soon to be president of TMTC, I want to also ask that everyone support the fight for access, by becoming a member of TMTC. Now, before any jumps up to gripe, let me assure you that I am well aware that membership and communication are BROKEN at this time.

Membership is my number one priority, as I mentioned at the AMSA meeting this past Tuesday. Communication comes second only because without members, communication is unnecessary.

I have been on the phone almost constantly over the last week dealing with grass fires of misunderstanding and have spoken to many members that don't know what is going on. Please know that I intend to address these and the myriad of other problems that plague TMTC. I do not have an intentions to micro manage TMTC. I will forewarn you, DO NOT bitch too much, or I may tag you to volunteer to take on the task of resolving the problem.

I answered Steve when he asked why I agreed to be on the BOD of TMTC spring of last year in the following manner ...

We are standing on the shoulders of giants in our sport that have given us the best, most wholesome family oriented sport on earth. It is time to step up and take the reins and contribute back to a sport that has been so good to and for me. I am blessed to have met thousands, probably tens of thousands, of wonderful folks through this sport and as I said ... it is time to give back.

I still believe this is the case, hence the reason that I agreed to step up and serve as the president of the organization.

Thank you for your time, your energy and your ideas for change. The time is right and we are the right people to move the process forward.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
From Steve Thompson, our OHV Program Coordinator in TPWD

Route Designation Workshop For Land Managers, OHV Enthusiasts and Other Stakeholders

September 27 – 30, 2007

The Lone Star Convention & Expo Center
9055 F. M. 1484
Conroe, TX 77303

Agency Personnel - Thursday, September 27, 8AM - 5PM & Friday, September 28, 8AM - 1PM

Public - Saturday, September 29, 8AM - 5PM & Sunday, September 30, 8AM - 3:30PM

The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC), in cooperation with the Angelina, Davy Crockett, Sam Houston and Sabine National Forests is conducting a Motorized Route Designation Workshop in September for agency personnel and other stakeholders. The purpose of this workshop is to assist the Forest Service and other stakeholders in effective implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule in their State. While the sessions on Thursday and Friday are designed primarily for Forest Service personnel and the sessions on Saturday and Sunday are designed primarily for the public, the sessions are open to all who want to attend and there is no charge. Continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM each day. Lunch and breaks will also be provided.

Registration is required on-line at:

https://conference.nohvcc.org/?EVENT&EVENTCODE=010193-28&PASSWORD=4718&template=rdwTX

Or you may visit www.nohvcc.org and click on the “Forest Service OHV Route Designation Workshops and Database” link to register.

The registration deadline is September 17, 2007. For questions about registration contact Ann Vance at 888-458-0131 or e-mail avance@nohvcc.org .

NOHVCC has secured a limited number of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, 2240 Stoneside Road, Conroe TX 77303, phone 936-788-5200. These rooms are on a first come basis at the rate of $79.00 + tax per night. Ask for the NOHVCC room block. Deadline for this rate is August 26. After that date, call for price and availability.

This national workshop series is sponsored by the Americans for Responsible Recreational Access (ARRA), the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) and the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America (SVIA). Coordination of the workshops is provided by the NOHVCC. Design of the workshop sessions was a collaborative effort by professional trail consultants, ARRA, MIC, SVIA, American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC), United Four Wheel Drive Associations (UFWDA), and NOHVCC, with input from USFS trail managers.

The Agency Workshop objectives are:

• To develop a better understanding of the needs and concerns of OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders in implementation of the USFS Travel Management Rule
• To improve the quality and the sustainability of trails, trail systems and areas through the implementation process
• To improve OHV enthusiast and other stakeholder input and support for the implementation process
• To increase partnerships between the USFS, the OHV industry, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
• To facilitate better communication between the USFS, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders

OHV Enthusiasts and Other Stakeholders Workshop objectives are:

• To develop an understanding of the FS Travel Management Rule
• To help OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders become more active in route designation decisions
• To help OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders understand how to improve the quality and sustainability of trails, trails systems and areas through the implementation process
• To increase partnerships between the USFS, the OHV industry, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders
• To facilitate better communication between the USFS, OHV enthusiasts and other stakeholders

The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council is a non-profit educational foundation. For information regarding NOHVCC and its workshop programs visit its website at:

www.nohvcc.org

Anyone who is interested in more OHV riding trails in Tejas should make it a priority to attend this conference. We all understand that Tejas has very little public lands and the land for OHVing is miniscule compared to the size of our state. But when the National Forest is FINALLY beginning to realize that they need to provide some riding opportunities and is ASKING for comments and holding a conference to discuss your NEEDS and WANTS....SOMEBODY better show up!!

Find out what the USFS is planning for OHV in Tejas to, what they're thinking. Tell them what your thinking, what you want and need. These are YOUR National Forests, funded by YOUR TAXES. Use them or lose them!

The USFS asked for public comments on the proposed new OHV area in the Angelina NF and got very few. If USFS holds this conference to discuss what we, the OHV community in the state of Tejas wants, and we don't say anything, we don't show up, what will they think about the need for OHV trails in the NFs?

They will just think that the birders, the hikers, the mountain bikers, that all show up and talk with them, they want trails. When the OHV community don't show up, don't talk with them, the USFS will think the OHV riders don't want OHV trails in the NFs..... Are they right?

Granted there are some OHV trails in the Sam Houston NF, but don't we want some in the other national forests as well? How about Davy Crockett, Angelina, Sabine? When it comes to OHV riding opportunities isn't it, the MORE, the BETTER? Don't be afraid to stand up and say so! If you don't ask fro more trails, (or even comment), you'll NEVER more!! We may not keep the ones we have now.

Show the Forest Service that we want more OHV trails and we can be responsible for helping them manage those trails as well. If nobody shows up, I can almost guarantee you that you'll have trails CLOSING- not MORE TRAILS OPENING! Even if just one person form your club shows up, that’s okay. One conference attendee can represent all the members of your club.

I strongly encourage you to attend this conference, even if just for one day. I cannot over emphasize how important this is. PLEASE don't miss the opportunity to work within the system.

IF YOU WANT MORE AND BETTER OHV TRAILS IN TEJAS, STAND UP AND SAY SO.

Top Bottom