02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
Ok guys/gals, I only work on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday and am off the rest of the week. Yea it really sucks when dirt bikes are your hobby. But on the other hand I get four days off and the trails are usually wide open. But I must admit is is generally no fun to ride by yourself, not to mention dangerous. Guess what I'm asking is does anyone else have a similar schedule that would be interested in riding during the week. I'd love to ride Muenster, but not alone. I might go to Marshall Creek on Wednesday just to get the cobwebs out of the bike. I recently had knee surgury and am officially ready to "get back on". My brother recently moved down to Granbury (im in Corinth/Denton), and I have no one to ride with since he works during the week. Any interested post here! Thanks

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Hey I'm off Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and work Wednesday from 1200-1800. Garland area. I ride REAL slow though.:ugg:

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
Where do you normally ride during the week. I'm not exactly as fast as lightning myself. Gonna have to take it easy for awhile since I just had surgery. Tuesdays I cant ride during the day because the kiddo stays home with me. I can ride on Tuesday evenings after four. That is when the wife gets home. Thursdays are probably no good because I have the kid and dont like to wear myself out for work the next day. I work three twelve hour shifts and you tend to get tired and cranky really quick! Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me. Actually thinking of going Wednesday this week. Wanna plan something??

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I am free on Monday (all day) and Wednesday until 4 pm. That is, if you don't mind riding with a girl. I usually am a track person, but have wanted to try out the trails. I'm in Plano.

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
No that doesn't bother me. Next Monday is off because I'm having high speed internet installed. I'm available this wednesday though. I'd love to ride trails as I am not much of a track guy. But I ride both. Let me know!!

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
haven't you ever heard of blowing off school (j/k). Well damn. we'll get together sometime. I'm still gonna ride wednesday but I haven't decided where. Anybody else going? I think the track up in Denton might be open. Also, when is Shady Grove open and where is it?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Shady Grove is always open and is a few miles south of Texas Stadium. I don't know where you are coming from so I'll just give you directions coming down from the north. Take Loop 12 south to the Shady Grove Exit. Turn left on Shady Grove. You are going to to about 1 mile and turn right into what looks like a junk yard. If you end up on the bridge, you have gone too far. I believe that there is a sign for a nursery at the entrance. There are no signs even indicating that a track is there.

Locating the entrance is the easy part. Finding the track is the hard part. Follow the road down past the junked cars. The road forks after two trailers. Take the left fork and keep going until you hit the track.

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
Do you know the hours of operation and the cost. What kind of riding is it? Track, trails etc. Is it worth a 30-40min drive for me?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
7 days a week. Sun up to sun down. $6 for the day. It has a MX track that is about 1.7 miles, a peewee track, and a section in back with an SX style triple and whoops. You can sort of trail ride in some areas. The MX track is pretty safe... mostly tabletops and a few small doubles. It is unprepped (hardpack) but fun. I drive 30 minutes almost every weekend to ride there. I like it because it does not have organized practices (more riding time and less sitting around).

The conditions are best a few days after rain but it fun regardless of the track condition.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
What time are you going? Depending on how I feel, look for a white Dakota Q.uad Cab w/ #796 KTM. BTW: I thought the Denton track went belly up? I'd like to get a ride in Muenster before T.O.R.O. tears up the trails too. Anybody going up tomorrow or Thursday?

Last edited:

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
Aww c'mon now. Your gonna feel great I can tell. I'll be up there between 9-11am unless its pouring. I'd love to ride Muenster, maybe we can go next Wednesday. I dont have anything planned and I'd love to check it out. I went up to Shady Grove today to check things out and make sure I could find the place without my bike. As I was getting ready to leave a gentleman pulled up w/ a 426. He said he would meet me out there tommorrow and try to bring some friends. I've never even seen a KTM let alone touched one. Would love to ride with ya. I drive a gold Ford Escape and have a three-place Triton trailer. I may bring the 426 also, but I will most definately have the 125. No numbers. Let me know! Nik

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I must have missed you. I didn't get out there until around 1145 and no one was there.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
hey if you live in denton/corinth and you want some good trail riding go to lake murray. i know it sounds far but i live in denton and i can get to lake murray in the same amount of time i can get to muenster. better yet the riding is free!!!! the trail arent marked but there is little to no traffic. the trails are wider and not quite as technical as some of the ones at muenster. need more info? PM me.

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
yea you just missed me. I got there about 930 and rode till about 11. It just aint no fun by yourself. Plus that place is hard as a brick. I left and headed to Marshall Creek. I new it wouldnt be crowded. There were a total of about 10 people there between 12 and 4. At least I saw other human beings though. I was actually quite impressed as the dirt is in great shape. The lake is really low and you can make a cool loop around the lake right now. Last time I went the Lake was really high. If someone took the time to mark it out, there could be a killer course out there.

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
Thinking about heading north to muenster on monday december 17. We will leave the plano area about 9am. any one interested? I will be on a bike and my buddy will be on a ****:scream:

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Hey guys and girls (blackhawk).

I am down! lets ride. I have to work this next few days. The track is way slippery when wet. Might want to give it a few days.

02Yz125 and the rest.

I can usually get away during the week. I have the same problem. i want someone to ride with hard to find weekday riders.

Lets get to gether this coming week. Ya'll name the days and places. I would love to try Marshall Creek and I like Shady Grove.

BTW- I am a really slow beginner.

Sincerely,

Riz

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
wanna set up a meeting place up my way for wednesday 96XR? I believe your gonna go thru Denton anyway. How long you usually stal up there?

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
Plans are still in the making. We will be going through denton, we could meet at the McDonalds at the corner of 380 and 35. As far as how long we will be staying kinda depends if we opt to spend the night out there (need to ask the owner if this is ok) if we dont stay we would probably leave late afternoon (4-6pm)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Shady Grove Sunday.... if any of you wanna join in. I am as slow as Okie and not nearly as aggressive so be forwarned. Track should be good if it does not rain Sunday...

Red Durango
Black 426 #93
Slow guy riding
thats me

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
I am as slow as Okie and not nearly as aggressive so be forwarned.

Blatant lies (well... other than Okie being slow part. ;) )

Top Bottom