Thanks Ladies...Purchasing KX100...Need Help!

rkmorrow

Apr 29, 2003
A little change in topic, but....I found this article a while ago when I was looking at buying a KX 100. If nothing else, it should make you feel good about your purchase......

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/01may03kawasaki2002kx100modified.htm

ravencr

Nov 9, 2003
Yeah, someone else up a couple of posts posted that article too. It's a good one! Yesterday I put on the Steahly 12 oz flywheel weight, Moose Skid Plate, Moose handguards(the plastic part), stiffened the rebound 2 clicks, softened the compression in the rear one click, installed the smaller front sprocket, and then rode it.

What a nice difference in the ride quality and smoothness. The hit isn't as bad, but you still can easily feel it. The suspension feels great too. We are going riding up at a place called Caryville, TN. My wife will love the changes it made, but she keeps asking me if I made it slow, and I keep telling her no, but she doesn't beleive me. She loves to get on it and feel the kick of the powerband, but at least now she can feel and not pop as big of a wheelie.

Chris

rkmorrow

Apr 29, 2003
Sorry for the repeated link, I didn't notice that's the same artical since I only have the link not the dates.....

This bike sounds great....will you let us know how it handles on your ride?

ravencr

Nov 9, 2003
Sure enough! She loves it evern more after the ride this past Sunday. One thing I would note to all those looking to get a bike of this size. Please don't let the dealers talk you out of this bike, because they think it has too much crazy power for a beginner rider. That's a bunch of BS. If you want a bike that you are your wife or smaller framed person can grow into, without any trouble at all, this is the bike for you. It's not crazy fast unless you want it to be, and properly equipped like I have it for trail use makes for a really fun trail bike, with a much better suspension and ride than any of the other 4-stroke bikes could only wish for. This is a perfect beginners or experienced rider's bike. You just have to know how to baby it or hammer it! I can get on this bike and ride up anything I used to be able to on my KTM 250 EXC without any trouble at all and I'm 240 lbs. It's a great all around bike, without a doubt. My wife already said that if she had bought the TTR-125LE without riding it, because of what the salepeople were saying about the KX100, she alreayd told me that she would have made them take it back, because it is sooo much slower and more basic of a bike, that's for sure. That's my 2 cents!

Chris

Top Bottom