The best KDX I ever owned....

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
My bike woudl not compare to todays model. Still, it was th ebest motorcycle I ever owned. I tnever broke down. Never needed service. Nothing.

It was a 1981 KDX 175 that had been fitted with full KX 125 suspension. The chassis was identical on both bikes. It was as light as the kx. I was stupid to ever sell this bike. I paid 600 bucks for it. I bought it used with 124 miles on it.

kfxpro

May 17, 2004
Well, I am going to try to have the best of both worlds. I have some stuff I have been meaning to E-b-a-y off and I think that if I can do that and sell my current KDX for at least what I paid for it I should be able to get a new KDX by the spring. Don't get me wrong, I love my KDX 175 but it is almost 25 years old. :ohmy: All I really want from it is a little more power and some stiffer suspention, and I think a new KDX will fit that bill just fine.

Sorry, I just realized that this is a total thread hijack :bang:

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
I had an 82 and just sold it a couple months ago. I feel the same way, that thing was as reliable as an anvil. I mostly got tired of not being able to find accesories for it, so drank the Kool-Aid and bought a new one. The '04 is nice, but I'm still getting used to it. My old one just seemed more comfy and easy to take care of. Kinda wish I had kept it now, I like the power and suspension of the new bike, but the old one would be a great loaner bike.

Mike.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
A four wheeler would have been way smarter than what I traded for.

I ended up with a 1982 YZ 490. The bike was heavily discounted. This should have been clue number one.

The power was horrible. Very powerful, but the powerband was a short as most 125's .

The chassis was a joke. The rear suspension only mived 3-4 inches. The bike was overweight as well. Vibration limited the riding on the bike to 15-20 minutes at a time.

By the end, I would have gladly traded this YZ for a KDX 80. It was the worst pile of garbage I ever owned.]

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
I bought a 1981 kdx 175 a few years ago for 650 bucks, yes, I know a little steep. But the thing was in awsome condition. Its a great bullet proof trail bike. I want to buy some plastics for is but I can't find anything like you guys said. Any ideas were i could find some kawasaki doesn't even make it any more.............sigh.

Top Bottom