The big track!

What about the "Big" Stepup?

• I know I can clear the big stepup this year, I'm better (yeah right Gomer)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • I will try to clear the "big" stepup

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • I'm not even going to try to clear, lucky if I make it up

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • I'll just go around the thing

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
and who's planning on trying to clear the big stepup this year that didn't try it last year? Considering it's still there. (I'll make it a poll)

Any other sections of the track that you didn't do last year that you are planning on doing this year?

_SOLO_

Pro Champ
If the stepup is there, I will try to do it. I bounced around near the top a few times so I am 99% sure I can do it.

Tigger

Subscriber
Daddy I love you so I'll try to go up it this year but DON'T PUSH ME I'LL DO IT IN MY OWN TIME :) OK? ;)

Originally posted by Tigger
DON'T PUSH ME
PUSH YOU??? If I remember correctly from last year, I had to pull you up it, litteraly. :p
Now go to bed!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Originally posted by _SOLO_
I am 99% sure I can do it.
I'm 99% sure I well not try it! Besides thats not a step up, its a mountain... and its the highest pike in the range! :eek:

Whether I can actually make it over is yet to be determined. All I can say is I've had a year to think about it and a year to kick myself for not trying. That thing is like a reoccuring nightmare for me, it taunts me in my sleep, it's a mirage at every other track I go to and everytime I hear this little bell going DING DING. It's on the poster at the motorcycle shop where I buy my gas. I wanna jump that thing so bad. I hope I don't chicken out again this year and even more, I hope I make it over :aj:

Last edited:

KelvinKDX

Lifetime Sponsor
The step up - yeah i'll ride up it (same as last year.  but clear it - not me.

Any other sections of the track that i want to make this year - yep   -  i'd like to ride the track and get some air with out breaking my back again.  :think:

I haven't been on a track since then (DW02) and am a little apprehensive.  :ugg: 

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
I've only seen pictures and I'm scared :scream:

biglou

I'm eyeing the uphill double going into the rythm section behind the tower. I can do that one if I'd just turn it up about a half notch. The stepup wasn't open when we were there a couple weekends ago, but I'm still pretty sure I'm not even gonna attempt it. Riding up it's no prob, but I don't fly near that high...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
I plan on doing the first tabletop after the start...I never tried that one last year, nor did I try the uphill rythm section just after the step-up that Lou mentioned. Some guy with goggles and a snorkle sure made it look easy last year!

Danman

Lifetime Sponsor
How far off the ground are you at any given time during the jump? I never saw anyone hit the bottom of it. Just come over the top of it. I guess I will have to show ya'll up on the old DR :eek: Like that's going to happen, NOT! It looks pretty scary though. I guess the main thing is having the guts to hit it with the throttle wide open! That's first and then learning to roll and bounce when you hit the ground is second:)

Hey Jeff can I borrow you bike for a minute :p

dead

Subscriber
I'll try anything once. This being my first DW I hope to give it a whirl. Just hope my KDX takes the abuse. I'll need some help from you vets to get my suspension tuned first though.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
I'm talkin big now, and saying I'll try it, but I understand that it's like riding into the side of a building and trying to keep it pinned :eek: . Maybe I'll wait till late in the weekend (to see if VD can tow my truck home if I auger in).

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks

nikki

Moto Junkie
If someone volunteers to do it on my 250F first... then I'll be money!

I never saw any 125's or 250F's doing it last year though? But we were only there the last 2 days. Red nailed it a few times on Friday but didn't try it on Saturday (the approach was a lot choppier on Saturday). I can't remember if he said he was in 3rd or 4th on his 450.