morningoak

Jan 2, 2004
Hello all!

I have been told that I need to start here. Some of you already know me a bit (you know ...the guy that shoves his foot in his mouth, right off the bat). Anyway, I am a less than middle aged older guy(?). I have wanted a real dirtbike since I broke my collar bone back in 1976 on a Yamaha 60. My mom said "no", so I had to wait till my 30's to be able to afford a modern one. I sold my streetbike and bought a new CR 250 last year after seeing by best friend get wiped-out while riding side-by-side with me at 140 mph. I'm now relatively slow, but I seem to spend a great deal of $ trying to look good (does that make-up for being slow?). Jumps scare the crap out of me, but logs and trees don't.

Anyway, just saying "hello", and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all, along with (and most importantly) learning as much as I can from all the veterans out there.

Peace

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's all good. Welcome aboard.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Welcome aboard! Kick back and make yourself at home. This place is great for getting advice on riding and maintenance/technical data as well as just being a place to BS with fellow dirtbikers.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN, lots to read here, and you'll probably find a few new ride buddies too.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Welcome! Love the username you go by. :laugh:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Welcome aboard Mr. MorningOak. Have fun here. :)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
morningoak said:
I sold my streetbike and bought a new CR 250 last year after seeing by best friend get wiped-out while riding side-by-side with me at 140 mph.

OUCH!!! Is he still among the living?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Welcome aboard :thumb: Riding street is something I always loved but I fear that I will never do again as I have had too many friends and family have to lay the bike down or get flat taken out with no chance. Always good to have another older slow guy to add to the club!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Man, Okie leaves Illinoise and BOOM lots of new members. Hope the authorities never dig under his old house :laugh: Welcome aboard MorningOak.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site. :thumb:

I would love to ride street bikes every now and again, but as a good friend once said ...

Drivers can't see trains, so how do you expect them to see a motorcycle. :clue:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Mee Too!

Welcome to DRN. I sold my GSXR1100 about three years ago when I re-discovered dirt riding. I'm doing well with that decision...I've only broken a few bones so far :laugh:

Top Bottom