BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The 500 was fun today. OKKX'r his boy Case...er...Cody, MX547, and his two girls met me at the 500 for some riding. The place was filled with bikes and quads. The main trails(blue loop) were pretty dusty but the red and the yellow trails were in real good shape. OKKX'r and I took a short loop before MX547 arrived and got warmed up. MX547 arrived and in a short while we were off. Off to the track. MX547 and OKKX'r are both pretty good jumpers and were hitting some good jumps. Casey was doing a uphill double and told me to do it. Well, I did it. Over jumped and landed hard into the face of the triple. I didn't go down but my teeth were rattled a bit.
We took off for the trails with Casey in the lead. He does pretty good on his YZ 80. We would let him go ahead of us and we would trail behind at a slow pace for awhile. Then we would pick up the pace until we caught Casey. This worked real well for most of this loop. We hit the East 80 and had a blast. Since Casey had never riden that particular part of the loop, I took the lead. Once we got back onto the 500, Casey was off and we took a short break. Off we go to catch Casey. Well, the first instersection we couldn't figure which direction Casey went. OKKX'r back tracked a bit and took a different fork in the trail but when he got back, no Casey. So, OKKX'r takes off on one trail and MX547 and I take another. We figured one of us would catch up with Casey. We make it back to the trucks and there Casey is eating a sandwich. While we were wondering which way he went he made some serious time on us.
After a short break, we went back down to the track and watched a few jumpers. Left the younger ones there and we took off for another loop. We headed for the East 80 and made real good time. I had 1 dab on a log but nothing spectacular and MX547 didn't whack me:p . When we got back on the 500 we took two red trails and we were movin'. As we made it back to the track, I got a big lump in my throat. There were people all gathered around a jump with bikes lying on the ground. There was Casey's YZ leaned against a jump. We hauled butt over there. One of Casey's friends had tried a 80' uphill and was trying to freestyle and, well, something didn't go right. At least Casey was not on the ground so I swallowed the lump and my throat as MX547 helped load the guy into a truck for a trip to the ER.
Well, we all took this as a sign to pack it in. We had a great ride. I hope the B-ball game was good Justql because we sure had fun.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
I had 1 dab on a log but nothing spectacular and MX547 didn't whack me:p .

i would have but it was okkxer's turn. he had you set up nicely but didn't take advantage of it. i'm willing to pass the crown through the ranks (as the legendary sawblade did before me). perhaps okkxer is not worthy of it. maybe tx246 will step up and whack the mamba next time.:)

as i was heading east for home, i passed okkxer who was also heading east. i thought that was strange since he lives west of stillwater. then i noticed he turned north about half way through town. i thought to myself "hey, i know what's up that street." the dog was going for hideaway pizza and didn't even invite me. i mentioned it to my kids and they had a fit. they wanted pizza too. we turned around and there he was in the parking lot. well, he wisely had called his in and it was ready (i expect an official invite next time) so we just ordered one to go, went and washed the bikes then came back and picked it up. that stuff's hard to eat driving down the highway. i could have been pulled over as a suspected drunk driver.:D

i had a good time riding today. come to think of it, i have a good time every time i ride.:cool: ... weekends rule.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Boy sounds fun. I sure missed a good ride it sounds like. Were there alot of trees down from the ice storm?

The boys BB game started great, with my oldest scoring nine points in the first quarter. The score at the end of the quarter was 9-0. Fans from both teams were cheering him as he dominated on the offensive and defensive end. It turned ugly after that the final score was 16-11, with my sons team losing. Thats right they scored two points in three quarters, they couldn't buy a shot. My son even scored one of them, making him score 10 out of the 11 points. The other team started double teaming him and the other players couldn't adjust.

On another downer, I am still waiting on the GG suspension. I have called and am waiting on a call back.

Anyone want to race a grand prix next weekend? It's three hours north of me. We would have to leave here around 5:00am Sunday morning. You guys could crash here Saturday night.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Something odd was nagging at me as we drove in, then it hit me. The trees had tops! No damage at all. Hadn't seen a whole tree in three weeks. I never have seen so many Quads (most w/o gear) in any three other trips. I'm kinda worried/wondering what's the reason for all the quads. The red trails we had to ourselves and they were tacky and sweet. I had heard the 80 was closed or only for bicycles, but a friend of mine was riding over there so we went. I had missed that section, thought I wouldn't get to ride them any more. I was stoked! We were rippin' (relatively speaking) and rode until the sun got so low it was in our eyes. And the Mamba thing-professional courtesy( one green predator to another).

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by OKKX'er
And the Mamba thing-professional courtesy( one green predator to another).
There was a few chances that some MAJOR sloppy roost "could" have been dished out but without a GasGas behind me, it just wouldn't have been right.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
At this point I'd love to get roosted on the Gas Gas.You'll have to bring the mamba and a bucket of dirt up and ride in my garage. :whiner:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Are you putting on a GFX competition? LOL:)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sure. I wanta see MX547's upside down landing he first introduced inTulsa a few years ago.;)

Top Bottom