BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I arrived Friday afternoon and set up camp. My dad had pulled in a couple of hours earlier and was wondering where everyone was. It didn't take long and others started to arrive. Friday evening was laid back, some burgers, hot dogs, and a cold beverage or two made for a nice evening. Zerotact arrived about six and a friend from where I work showed up a few minutes later. Justql mad an appearance near 9:30 and told us he had to be in Ponca City in the morning.
Saturday brought Evenslower, DWreck, MX547, OKKX'r, Craig_enid, VioletSP, and more family. The riding was great. It was a bit dusty but all and all good riding. Saturday evening brought out the Heartland Spode tradition of Food! We had smoked BBQ brisquet and lots of fixin's. Another loop after dinner was challenging because we could barely reach the handlebars over our full bellies.
Sunday brought more riding and MORE food. This time it was catfish. Some of the younger family caught 5 catfish totalling about 125 lbs. Lot's of fun was had by all and a leisurely pack up was done this morning. I'm tired and a few pounds heavier with food and good times.
:) :ride:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Major Props to Justql and his family ! They have the coolest private resort, and share it with a bunch of noisy dirt bike riders. They were just as friendly this year, and Justin wasn't even there all day Sat.
Thanks to all, and to everyone that brought food. I deeply reget that Lee ( and his banana pudding) couldn't make it , although pudding would have prevented my last ride.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Definitely fun and I think when you add the pounds I gained eating and subract what I lost sweating it might be a wash. Then again, maybe not. I did have a little extra of Brian's BBQ sauce on the second, err, third, helping of brisquet.

Nothing like sitting in woods behind Zerotact while trying to relight his ATK and wishing you had marshmallows. (you had to be there)

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Yea, I had a great time as usual. As I was driving home I thought of all the possible reason for making my bike so hard to start.... I have a long list that can be quickly remedied, right now I have 4 air filters soaking in mineral spirits, so that possibility is checked off. But I also remembered I filled my gas can with 87 octane, I wounder if that played a part of it...

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
The Pudding

LOL, Zero....man you got a little green grimlin that comes with you every trip you make down this way. Last time you couldn't get the Cannondale to start, now the ATK. Hunt that little green dude down and drag him behind your bike when you get it started. Bet you won't have any more problems with starting your machines. Had to tease you a bit...... :laugh:

As for the "Banana Pudding"....It's an old family recipe my grandmother gave me. But I must admit I was being a little sh_t when I made it... :p I figured after everyone "ie not me"...had some to eat my chances of keeping up with the pack just increased by 50%. Reason being they would spend half their time running to the john.... :uh: guess next year we'll find out....

Sounds like everyone had a great time and no one got hurt. Justin wanted to thank you again for giving us all a chance to ride and have fun on your families place.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yeah, justin is lucky. the farm is awesome. it was good seeing you guys again. those that don't go, don't realize what they are missing.

i enjoyed my short visit there. the one loop i took was the first time i had ridden trails since my injury in '02. it was pretty difficult for me. my timing and balance sucked and occasionally i had trouble finding the rear brake (my ankle still doesn't work very good). i think i stalled it four times. i'm still trying to figure out why you guys like riding four-strokes in the woods. it didn't work for me.

kristin, my eight year-old daughter had a great time. she's still bragging about the fish she caught. she made a new friend, i think her name was meagan. she's hoping that meagan is there next year.

and once kristin finally started riding, she didn't want to stop. :cool:

i'm coming earlier next time.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm sorry I missed Saturday. I've made a committment to my boys and thier activities. I did enjoy riding for the first time in 11 months. Thanks to Brian for taking the lead this year. Next year I'll do better if we decide to do it again.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I just wish that I could have stayed and ridden on Sunday. The Golden Eagle will be here before we know it. See most of you then if not sooner.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
well, im 2 for 4 as far as the Farm rides go. sure missed a good time as always. but hey, it didnt rain this time. it seems like everytime i go to oklahoma to ride, it rains. maybe me not coming was a good thing. i had a nephew graduating on sat.....good for him.....bad for me. here is hoping to making next years ride.

Top Bottom