BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
We did some riding today behind the house. It seems like only yesterday she was wobbling around on the XR70. She said she can’t wait to burn a groove around the LMC grounds on her “new bike”!

Attachments

• Hurricane.JPG
    Hurricane.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Hurricane.JPG
    Hurricane.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 195

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
WOWZA... Hannah on Ian's KDX?!? :cool:

... And look who is going to be riding a blue dual-sporter this season!

Attachments

• RedGreen.jpg
    RedGreen.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 189

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
... And look who is going to be riding a blue dual-sporter this season!

Yup, I guess I am stuck riding this old beater........... :laugh:

Attachments

• KTM.JPG
    KTM.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 204

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Holy Crap Badgerman!!!!!

Looks like all good kids get rewarded.....congrats on your new bike too!

I think it is great to see kids graduate from the FES to riding on Sunday. This year it is Ian...maybe in a couple of years Hurricane will be winning the C class.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Cool! What a sacrifice you had to make, to get the kids on those nice bikes...but a dad has to do what a dad has to do, even if it means riding an old orange beater bike!

BTW - what is that strange colored substance on the ground...i dont recognize it as it isnt white?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
KTM Mike said:
Cool! What a sacrifice you had to make, to get the kids on those nice bikes...but a dad has to do what a dad has to do, even if it means riding an old orange beater bike!

BTW - what is that strange colored substance on the ground...i dont recognize it as it isnt white?

You know, frankly I really don't care what I ride. Heck, I'll even ride the KDX...........just swap out the Kouba links and the cut down seat. We just needed to get another full size bike before Hannah pounded the 1986 XR100 into the dust. She rode the old Honda a little on Sunday after the KDX. I don't think I'll get her on it again, LOL!

The KTM is pretty sweet. Great motor and real good handler.

That stuff on the ground is called DIRT! I was perfect traction behind the house this weekend. Beautiful roost coming off the rear tire......looked like Unadilla roost. It will be gone tomorrow though. Big temperature changes going on right now.........snow by morning. :pissed:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
How do the new springs feel?

It's hard to tell for certain since I don't have any whoops out back. The 8.0 shock spring put my rider sag right where I needed it. I only put one of the .42 fork springs in. I think it is gonna work out great. :nod:

Thanks!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
So Tim.....

you and Red Green...er Blue hitting the D 14 circuit this season??? Recommended rides are Roselawn for sure, thats a fun one!! The Kasky one in June should be pretty good too. After that they get rougher -Harrison and Marquette are nationals. Another roselawn one which should be good and Upland is a National this year too.

How many you gonna ride??

Theres a nice warm up in Byron IL on April 2nd.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred T said:
you and Red Green...er Blue hitting the D 14 circuit this season??? Recommended rides are Roselawn for sure, thats a fun one!! The Kasky one in June should be pretty good too. After that they get rougher -Harrison and Marquette are nationals. Another roselawn one which should be good and Upland is a National this year too.

How many you gonna ride??

Theres a nice warm up in Byron IL on April 2nd.

It looks like the FES ride in Kalkaska will be our first event this year. The first Sunday race will most likely be the June event in Kalkaska. After that, who knows? Wifey was talking about planning a vacation around the Marquette race which would also allow Ian to check out a college or two in da U.P.

I vowed years ago to do any future “racing” north of the Michigan/Indiana border………too many experiences down in Goshen that were “less than fun”. LOL!

I am thinking of doing a race in Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend. It’s a short one (only 26.2 miles) but it should be “fun”. Wanna join me?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
BadgerMan said:
I am thinking of doing a race in Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend. It’s a short one (only 26.2 miles) but it should be “fun”. Wanna join me?

My running day are waaaaay behind me and I was never doing anything beyond 10 K's. Now I just peddle the bike that far, I went 20 miles Sunday and hope to do that again a couple times yet this week.

Top Bottom