Status
Not open for further replies.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by JamesP

Overall...I agree.

And on the stuff you don't I expect you to tell me. I may not agree 100% of the time with other ideas but I'm not right 100% of the time either.

I just do my best and let Okie tell me when I've gone too far or screwed up too much. He is good at it too :p

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
You're doing a fine job!! I'm a moderator at another site so I know where you are coming from.

That "other stuff" is the search function where I have to wait 60 seconds to try again when I pick a forum that gives me no results and that has been covered sufficiently.

Other than that I have no complaints...well, except that you can jump better than me. Hoping to catch up with you at TNT Sunday so as to get your opinion on that new doubles section. Then if we get bored enough, we can debate the finer aspects of internet forums.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by JamesP
Other than that I have no complaints...well, except that you can jump better than me. Hoping to catch up with you at TNT Sunday so as to get your opinion on that new doubles section. Then if we get bored enough, we can debate the finer aspects of internet forums.

Sounds like a good plan.

I probably will spend most of my time on the new Intermediate track though. Those new doubles sound scary :)

Ivan

Heckler

Jul 22, 2002
I bought a 2002 Suzuki DR-Z 400E (electric start). After much research, this seemed to be the best "bang for my buck". It was $5048 bucks out-the-door. I also got all my Fox gear at dealer cost, since they were making room for the 2003 stuff. Sorry for my negative post, but it seems you guys took it well. I haven't read anything bad about the DR-Z 400E. In the end, I was looking at the Yamaha YZ426 and the DR-Z. I liked the DR-Z because it has a headlight, more fuel capacity, better price, electric starter, and would work at the track or in the woods. I ruled out the 2-strokes since they are noisy, higher maintenance, and will probably be illegal in a few years due to new regulations. Thanks for any suggestions/advice guys (and not locking this post). I now have a higher respect for this forum. Now, if I can just find somewhere else to ride, besides the Talking Rock Arena.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Its good to have you back... even when you were flaming mad and started this thread, you sounded like an intelligent person, even though you ranted on a pretty stupid thing. (no offense)

As someone else stated, alot of people who come here and get ticked off have real potential. I'm glad you didnt go.

Stay around, keep your cool, and you will learn an awful lot from this site, and make alot of friends.

Good luck with the new ride.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Heckler
Now, if I can just find somewhere else to ride, besides the Talking Rock Arena.
Need places to ride or people to ride with? Check it out HERE. Also check out the Local Chapters Forums HERE.
When I first came to DRN, there were less than a thousand members. I have made SOOOO many friends and have more places and invites to ride than I ever dreamed of. The info is priceless. Even as a Local Chapters Moderator, I get deleted every now and again and some of my posts get zero responses. It happens. Doing a search may get you your info faster and if the thread is still open, you can post to it and it will go to the top. Some of the members that have previously posted to that thread will likely see whats new and maybe able to be more responsive to your questions. If you want some one on one help, come to DW02, Rich, Eric, and many others will help you with a smile and you will make yourself friends with the guys in the know. Plus you will likely get yourself a ride on any type of bike you ever dreamed of riding.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I know I am relatively new to this forum, but I think this forum has a ton of info that is hiding from us. The search is more difficult than it should be. I got so aggrevated trying to search the same topic in every forum, that I gave up. If you accidently click on the wrong one you have to wait. I am very patient, and after about 10 searches, including the 10 separate mins of staring at the screen, I said to hell with it. This site is real good, but it can be a lot better. Ivan, thanks for being a moderator, but take it easy on the new people or you will run them off and look in to trying to fix the search issues. You jumped my azz the first time I tried to tap the knowledge of your followers. It PO'd me. I wanted to crack you, but I knew you would ban me and I would be screwed. I am over it now but still find myself on the outside looking in when comes to spending 1 hour searching for info when I could spend 2 mins writing and 1 minute reading a response. Just seems like this could be accomplished w/o all the crap. I love the site otherwise and respect your obvious passion for running it. Keep on Keeping on!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Bandit9
Ivan, thanks for being a moderator, but take it easy on the new people or you will run them off and look in to trying to fix the search issues.

I don't plan on changing anytime soon. Since I've been cracking down the quality of this forum has improved a lot (thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post quality questions and quality responses).

This forum is not meant to have a lot of returning people asking questions. Those returning are meant to be the ones with a lot of knowledge who want to help and from what I've seen since I cracked down the helpful posters have been more abundant.

You jumped my azz the first time I tried to tap the knowledge of your followers. It PO'd me.

I have a hunch you'd either get over it or not come back. It just depends on how important your question was to you.

I wanted to crack you, but I knew you would ban me and I would be screwed.

I don't ban. That is Okie's job. I'm just a moderator. I only try to keep things in check. If you don't like how I do things e-mail him. If he tells me to change I will... actually, I won't but Okie and I will deal with it if he has a problem. He is extremely fair and wants what is best for the site first (as do I).

I am over it now

And your approval means so much to me :p Seriously though, don't take what is posted so emotionally. I don't have the time to write eloquently and be PC so I just try to be direct and hope you can handle it. I'd say the same things as I post if you were in front of me but I doubt you'd take it the same way b/c you'd hear my tone and see my facial expressions.

but still find myself on the outside looking in when comes to spending 1 hour searching for info when I could spend 2 mins writing and 1 minute reading a response.

Keep in mind that when I busted on most people about doing searches it was only after I either did a search on my own and found the info or saw a similar post on the same page already. Quite a few times the same question was asked within a couple hours of each other.

The 60 second search is being reviewed. Also, keep in mind you can do a search by the parent forum instead of searching each individual forums (i.e. Community Forum Search also does a search on the General Forum and other sub-forums).

Just seems like this could be accomplished w/o all the crap.

You know. I used to be much more wordy online and try to be as nice as I possibly could. I got crapped on and people still didn't follow the rules. If I have to be a little tougher and short with my words to keep things in check I have no problem with it. Most of the other mods are almost fed up with me defending the jerks that come along. The issue is that I'll sit here and tell you why you are wrong when the best approach is probably to just delete the thread instead of trying to get you to learn the rules and post better.

This forum is not here for the quantity of posts it will receive but the quality. This forum is not a chatroom... it is a reference section. This is one of the toughest forums to get quality info from and I am determined to work with MXSparx and the other mods to help keep the quality as high as it possibly can be.

Now that is pretty much all I'm willing to say on it. If anyone else has any problems with how I do things just keep it to themselves b/c it has all been said and I don't want to hear it. I have heard every recommendation, gripe and complaint that could come up. Everybody seems to think they can do it better than the moderators are already doing it.

You'll either learn to tolerate my approach and get over it when I go overboard (which I admit will happen from time to time) or you won't come into this forum.

Bottom line... be as specific with your question as you can be, be patient and be the same way with your answers.

Ivan

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
There are a lot of members who have come in here and pissed off a lot of people only to eventually become great assets to the site.
I'm workin on that asset bit, honest.
Rich, Eric, and many others will help you with a smile
Rich, smilin, you sure? ;)

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
You know Ivan, I am new to dirt bikes. I am not an asset to this forum at the moment. I have a ton of knowledge on ATV racing as that is what what I did for 8 years. I already know you dirt bikers opinon of ATVers so save the rude comments. I am purchasing a new dirt bike soon and I am going to start racing it. Just trying to learn a few things so maybe in the future I can contribute and help others as I have been helped.I realize that you probably are sick of moderating, so I suggest you quit. You may think you are doing us some great service, but the reality is, you just moderate with a cocky, bad attitude. You seem to be enjoying your little power trip a bit too much. Retire already and go act like a prick somewhere else. I don't need your B.S. If the site can't handle someone suggesting a better way to do things, then it will never grow. I don't agree with the way the topic is titled, that is rude as well. I surely didn't sign on DRN to have you treat me like a baby, so you can kiss my azz. Oh, and don't get to emotional over this b/c if you where in front of me you could see my facial expressions and understand what I really mean.......and what ever else B.S. came out your mouth! Later.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I would like to add that this site is real cool with a ton of info. All of the members who have responded to my questions have been awesome and actually pumped me up on switching to 2 wheels. I have searched and found most of the info that I was curious about. It took 3 hours a night for 2 weeks, but I did find it. How patient is that on a Pentium 1? Anyway my problem is with Ivan and how he just seems to end every sentence trying to act like a badass and I am the S.O.B who isn't going to let him bully myself or anyone else around b/c he is mr. big bad moderator. Ivan, lighten up on the "Mr. Big Shot" attitude. That is all I ask. To the rest of you, a sincere "Thank You" for your info. I wanted to say that just incase I never have the oppurtunity to meet or ride with you. I don't want to be banned from the site, but sometimes you just have to speak your mind. You know what I mean Ivan. Hope we can have a big hug and be friends in the future. We will see.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I don't want to be banned from the site, but sometimes you just have to speak your mind.

Just keep in mind that up to this point nobody has said you can't speak your mind. However, the bitching has to stop sometime. You said your piece. I have said mine.

You can agree or not. I don't really care. That isn't being a bad ass that is just telling you how it is going to be.

It never ceases to amaze me that the ones that don't like me are the ones unwilling to follow the rules or want things to be custom made to their preference so they can do as THEY want. This site maintains its quality b/c we enforce the rules.

Ivan

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Dude you just don't get it. I have followed your rules and haven't requested any custom treatment. How do you think major companies continue to grow and prosper? They listen to feedback from their customer's wants and needs! We are not requesting anything crazy. Enought of that. I can handle the fact that the site is happy with the way it is. No problem. The one thing I can't let go is the fact you keep "telling me how it is going to be". LOL!!! That is the stuff I am talking about. Like you are Stone Cold Steve Austin or something. If you would just stop after your first paragraph, this wouldn't be an issue, BUT NOOO, you just have to add that extra little tough guy nonsense. You know what I am talking about and most of the members do too. They may think it is funny, which I'm sure it can be at times. I don't think it is in this instance. I would prefer to carry this on with private messages, b/c this has zero to do with dirt bikes. But I'm game if you are. You see Ivan, just like you keep saying, "I really don't care," I feel much the same way. If I can chill you out a bit for other future newbies and get booted as a result, then so be it. Again I offer to carry this on in private. PM me.

Last edited:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
This will not be carried over in private b/c I have nothing to say to you.

You can agree or not. I don't care. The complaining can stop. Your comments have been duly noted.

Ivan

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Cool, I actually agree with you on this. See, we can agree on at least one thing! LOL My wife says we are butting heads b/c we're both alike. Sorry dude, I hope we can be friends.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Dude you just don't get it. I have followed your rules and haven't requested any custom treatment. How do you think major companies continue to grow and prosper? They listen to feedback from their customer's wants and needs!
First off, Ivan, does not have to "get it". Secondly, this is not a major company. The administrators and moderators DO listen to feedback and the overwhelming majority of members like what they get, QUALITY. I am extremely surprised that this was not moved to the Flame Forum but it would likely get closed as it should here and now.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
The QUALITY of this site is great. I plan to spend all my money with the Sponsors of this site b/c this site is of high quality. This thread should be closed as Ivan can speak for himself and we have settled "our" little spat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom