Thor Core pant knees rub me raw

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I have a pair of Core 4 pants, and the leather knee almost patch rubs my knees raw. The half-liner only goes to right above the knee area. Anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if it's actually the leather (doesn't seem like it would be that scratchy) or the seams. But whatever it is, I'm ready to toss these pants. Which sucks, because they're really well made & comfortable otherwise.

Is it just me? Any ideas? I don't wear braces (yet), and my socks only come to the tops of my calves.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
zio - I had that very same problem with an old pair of O'Neals. I cut the toe end out of a tube sock and pulled it up over my knee to stop the abrasions. It was only on one side. Kinda strange.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No knee braces? :silly:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by xrsforever
Are you suggesting we should wear braces with no prior knee problems?

Best way to prevent Moto Knee ;)

Zio, My one riding buddy has the same problem, her solution was to wear pany hose.....maybe you should try that. :eek:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Okie
No knee braces? :silly:

No Bobby Sue, no braces. Need 'em, just waiting 'til I have an extra $500 or so. I'm sold on 'em already. My knees are literally on the verge of blowin up. I'll probably snag a pair with next years' tax return.

So Farmer, why do you wear panty hose then? :p

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by xrsforever
Heh , I don't wear knee braces ,just knee/shin pads. Are you suggesting we should wear braces with no prior knee problems?

I do. I know some doctors disagree, but I just don't see it. I also wear a helmet with no prior skull problems. ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...Thank you, Todd...you took the words right out of my mouth!

My last trip the ER for an endo without braces cost $1500.00, and that was with no major damage.

Zio, try an Ace bandage. Or, you can go to a horse supply place and get some leg wrap. It is real cheap and will adhere to itself.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm glad you guys are saying "skull" intead of "brain" problems....I've met a few of you. You're my kinda mental. :) :)

Top Bottom