Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
I need input on making a decision. I can get Thor Core 5 (jersey & pants) for $90 or GS3 (jersey & pants) for $70. Here are the factors

I went with GS3 because (1) knee brace resistant knees (2) I hoped they'd be gentler on my tank graphics. I like the pants and jersey.

I've never worn anything Thor so I have no idea how the Core pants fit and wear, especially with knee braces.

I'm not going to buy both. . . rather spend my $$$ on track fees ;-)

Any thoughts anyone? every comment is appreciated. PM me if you have negative things to say about either and don't want to say it publically. Thanks!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've never worn thru Thore Core stuff with my Asterisks. Good stuff.

B

biglou

Didn't Thump do a GS3 review a year or two ago? Seemed to like it well enough. I'm a Thor guy, however. I've got no real reason to change, and thanks to buying used, have managed to snag four sets of 03-04 Core gear. I think it's great stuff. There is one pair of pants that the braces have worn through. But they have seen Asterisks their entire time in service. The previous owner, Reddog, wears braces also. (Nikki's Reddog, not Tim Ferry) :)

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
Okiwan and BigLou, thank you for the input.

Ayone, any thoughts on whats easier on the graphics? Leather (Thor) or nylon (GS3)?

Thanks in advance again

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Dunno about the GS3 and nylon but my son's cheapo suzuki stock graphics lasted about 3 rides with Thor and Asterisks. I want to get him a set of Thor gear guards but apparently we don't get them in Canada this year :think: Probably will just order a set from mxsouth and be done with it.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Troy: have you tried the xtreme stuff?? its very good IMO, i dont wear braces but a friend that i get my stuff from does and he likes the setup.

ive got a pair of Thor pants and for some odd reason i cant keep them up! my gripper seat pulls them down when riding, ive finished a moto before with my arse crack hanging out!!!!

now theres a sight i can tell ya! :)

Top Bottom