bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Hey guys, I need to know if anyone has a pair of these boots or has an opinion about them. I need to get some boot now and they seem to be in my price range. Thanks in advance :cool:

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
I have a set. They are pretty good for the money. I was just getting back into riding so I didnt want to spend a fortune on them. I like em, but my next set will be the sg-10's. If your heavy into riding...spend as much as you can on boots and helmet. You get what you pay for.

mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
bigger than tech 8's, little rough around the top of ankle, and a little heavier. They saved me leg from being broke so I'll use my set for another 5 months then jump ship to the tech 8's. (me sound like pirate, Arrrgh)

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
I replaced my Thors with the SG-10's, but the Quadrants were very comforatable and durable IMO for the money. The only thing I didn't like was the buckles.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I wear them, and don't really like them, but I don't expect that I could do better for the money. I will likely continue to wear them until they are no longer serviceable (1 year so far) The buckles are a bit tricky (especially the second from the top) to latch sometimes, but I have never had one come loose. The buckles are also adjustable, but they just never seem to be right when I put the boots on. If they are all that you can afford, get them, if you can scrape up a bit more fundage, you should.

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
I am pleased with the Thor Quadrants. Im not a racer, Im a weekend rider. They have provided more than enough comfort/support for everything I do. One of the best mods I made to them was added some Dr. Scholl's pads. If that is what your budget allows, I think its hard to beat the Thors.

bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I might be able to scrap up some extra cash after all. So now my questions are these:
Do i get the Alpine Stars Tech 6 which is double the price of the Thor's
Or do i get the Gaerne Fastbacks which are just under double the price of the Thor's
Or lastly do i get the Gaerne SG10's which are little more that double the price of the Thor's.

The Tech 8's will completley blow my budget.

Any help will be great.....Thanks guys

Oh also getting a Arai Atomic Helmet (Thats what is making the budget a bit low for the boots)

Last edited:

bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Yeah i have noticed that but i have also seen that most say they are a little loose on the calfs. Is that a major concern or not as this will be my first pair of boots ever so im not sure how they are supposed to be fitting me in order to protect my anckles and so on. :)

Jamz

Dec 14, 2005
I have a pair of the quadrants and they seem pretty durable and comfortable. I have some issues with mine but those might just be me. Somehow I seem to get my foot jammed in where I can't get it out from under the shift lever. This usually happens right when I am making a jump that is at my extent of abilities too so I am trying to stay focused on the jump/landing and not the fact that my foot is kinda pointed downwards and stuck under the shifter :-\ Maybe I shouldn't be shifting right before the face of the jump. Also on my yz250 I tend to get the right leg cuff caught on the plastics which can be pretty distracting. But I do have size 13 boots and I think those boots ride higher on the leg then many of the others. I plan to get a set of the SG10's for MX and regulating the quadrants to trail riding.

bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Thanks for all the good replys.

Just got back from the store and have gone with the Gaerne SG10's

I must tell you that these things are awesome guys, I hade to go for 2 sizes up on mine and they just fit perfectly (US size 13).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom