trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I've searched for boots and a helmet over the net during the past month. I got outbided at the last 2 sec on a pair of Alpinestar Tech 8 yesterday night on the evilbay. So I decided I might buy the boots and the helmet new from my dealer. The Thor Quadrant gear sounds good enough and is affordable. What do you guys think?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The Thor helmet is made by HJC, which is a good company. I don't like like my Quadrant boots, but I don't think that I could have done better for the money. Been wearing them for about a year and will hopefully upgrade within 6 months.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok so Thor Quadrant helmet is good, but you didn't like the boots. Why didn't you like them?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
What size feet? My daughter has a pair of Gaerne boots in nice shape, I think size 7.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
12...Thanks for the offer though!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I have posted it a few times, they are a little too tall at the toe, the buckles never seem to be right, I pretty much have to readjust every time I put them on. The leather rolls up a bit when I try to buckle the second from the top, I have to hit it to close it. I did manage to break a buckle last month (not such a big deal). Lately, the left boot is irritating the inside of my ankle. Like I said though, I don't think that you could do better for the price, I just plan to spend more next time. They are supportive, and so far they have done the job that they were bought to do.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok well that sure brings my hopes down. I think I'm going to spend a little more time finding a good used boot. Thanks for the review!

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I have the thor boots too, I wear a size 14. They are very comfy for 110.00 boots, my problem is that with a boot that large it is hard to find my shift and brake petals. My only complaint is that toe area is too tall for me, however if I had a regular size foot (size 8-11) I think you would be fine. For the money you cannot beat them, but my problem is that bikes are not built for a size 14 boot.

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
I have the brand new thor quadrant boots. My buckles are metal so I know I will have trouble snapping those. Some previous year models used plastic buckles whick I would imagine snap off. The boots are comfy no major complaints. THey are a fine boot for the price.

Top Bottom