MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay I have narrowed down my choices for a new ride to two bikes the '03 CR & the '03 RM 125. CR guru's (marcus, steve125) I miss my '01 CR 125 I loved everything about it but the motor and the intial jetting hurdle but it wasn't that bad. Do you guys feel that the changes honda has made to the '03 will make it much better in the engine? I'd just like some good insight on this cause I don't think I could live with another mid-range only motor like my '01 was. I also hated the carb access on my '01 is the new frame much better it doesn't really look like it. I'm mainly gonna use the bike for AX/MX I plan to have either one of those bikes by early sept which only gives me about a month to get it ready for the AX season when it starts the first week of Nov. I'd like it to be as hassle free like my YZ was but you can't always get everything.

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
I am also interested in this.

I miss my 2000 CR 125. I loved that bike. Could have used a lil more motor, but everything else was perfect.

John

Honda26

Mar 17, 2002
yeah.. im trying to figure out about the 03 cr125 too.. i pretty much know im going to get it in september.. but id still like to find out more about it b4 i buy it.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think the 03Cr125 will be a contender-ive heard its like a 02 but with more bottom end-thats a good start and hope fully means it isnt a mid only motor.I dont think it will beat a YZ or a KTM but then no other bike on the planet handles like a CR-thats something you cant buy with any money.Any engine can go fast.A 02 Cr125 with just a v force was actually really good out of corners but lacked top end.carb access is alot better on the 02 , i can get to the main/pilot and needle just by rotating the carb-on the 01 i had to take the tank off alot.

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
MXP,

What don't you like about your 02 YZ 125? I don't have anything against my KTM 125, except that it needs a suspension re-valve, but other than that, it's quite fast. I might just be looking for something different.

John

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I called Tom Morgan last week and asked him how the 03 cr125 and yz 125 were and he said the honda motor was alot better than last year and yz was better than the 00! He told me to just pick one they are close and with a few mods both will haul :) . I got the yz. I said this in '90 but this time I mean it I'm done with Zooks.

Hootna

Mar 14, 2002
All I can say is if you loved the chasis on your 01 CR 125 you will be amazed by the 02/03 chasis. I couldnt believe how much better my 02 handled it is unreal. The motor is not all that bad, It makes decent horsepower with just the addition of a V Force, PC Pipe and Shorty Silencer. I had Eric Gorr punch mine out to a 133 and port it for top end. It really pulls and had no problem out pulling my 250F. I do have to say it definately doesnt put out the horsepower well maybe I should say the broad power that my stock 02 KTM 125SX produces. I love the 250 like roll on power of the KTM but the handling is a different story.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I was wondering how much of a change do you think with honda reducing the compression will make? I'm on a waiting list with the dealer so I'll have it sometime here soon they were suppose to have'em last week we'll see everything is saying early sept.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
My 02 runs a similar comp ratio to the 03 and has more bottom,mid and top than a std 02 so i wouldnt worry about it.It would be nice if they fit a decent piston in the 03 so i dont have to take apart a brand new bike each year.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Thats what I was hoping for also a new piston maybe by lowering compression, clearance was decreased? I just hope it won't be a pain to jet I'm not really in the mood to play musical jetting right now.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom