XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okay, I remember last year when the MXDN didn't go off and everyone got pissed at RC for not riding in the World Cup at Glen Helen.  Now that this year's team (RC, Ferry, and Hughes) is set, how come everyone isn't getting all over Windham for turning down a spot?  Is it because he's not a champion yet?  Is it because we all like him more?  Is it because we know he won't fly and don't think he can drive his motorhome to Europe?

Interesting . . . :think:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I don't like him more. I respect Carmichael a hell of a lot more; for this and many other reasons. RC is a man. I've also been bagging Windham ever since this deal came out, but in all due respect...are we absolutely sure he was asked? Ferry & Rhyno? I'm not sure we'll do that well at all. If it was RC, Windham and Bubba---uh, ...buh..buh...buhbye! :p

However, we may be lucky in that had he gone, he might have had a panic attack on the jet requiring the plane to turn around. ;)

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
I have more respect for RC than i do for MC and Windham, but at least MC has done a some Des Nations racing, same with RC. There are boats that go across from amercia to europe arent there? Maybe he should take a cruse and go on one of them? But anyways good on RC for going, should be interesting times in Zolder.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, but that awfully scary water sure is deep.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
I think last years deal had more to do with people saying that we (USA) screwed up the MXDN and we wanted to thumb our nose at Dorna and the naysayers by putting on a proper event (motos not moto) of epic proportion in a short amount of time thereby showing the rest of the world how we really feel about the sport. But then RC and LaRocco decided not to show which kinda took some of the the wind out of the sails. We wanted these guys to play along but they decided not to for various reasons. Looking back on the whole deal I have no problem with it now. I would like to see Kevin on the team but he isn't going so I'm going to put all my energy into positive thoughts about the guys who are going.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
First off I think the backlash on RC was unfair. The take for most that I have seen on other boards regarding this subject seems to be RC was already in CA and committed to race that week for the USA so who cares what the name of the race was? As for Windham he simply declined the invitation from the get go which most people seem to agree is every riders right unless they are RC.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Got this from Motodrive. . .

After just getting off the phone with Kevin Windham, we had to rectify any rumors circulating that Windham bowed out of riding at the Motocross Des Nations. Kevin said that he hadn’t really heard anything from Duke Finch stating that he was officially invited to race in the event. Right now, Ricky Carmichael, Tim Ferry and Ryan Hughes are slated to ride at the MXDN, but many skeptics were badgering Windham for skipping the Des Nations.

Kevin simply stated that he hadn’t been given the nod to go, but if he had then he still wouldn’t have participated. After just coming back from a long break, Windham is concerned with supercross testing for the 2004 season.

He’s also stated that he will not compete in the U.S. Open of Supercross in October and that he won’t be at any overseas supercross events.

Why? Kevin said that he hasn’t ridden supercross in two years, and that before he even worries about testing, he’ll concentrate on just getting back into the swing of things by riding SX.

He also stated that he really wanted to race in the MXDN because it’s the highest honor any rider can do, but that it just didn’t work out with knowing if he was even invited and also because of his lack of supercross bike testing. In any event, Kevin will be looking for his third straight race win when the Nationals head to Millville, Minnesota.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Yep he does, and he has a huge hanger with it and many other things in it. Dotn know how far it could fly though, oh well he aint going, you guys should support the ones that are, shame they'll come second to the kiwi's!! :)

Top Bottom