MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I had the chance to watch practice Friday.  I attended the second session.

The altitude seems to really seperate the 250 and 125's.  The 125's were really having a tough time in some of the rythmn sections. 

RC seemed to have the track figured out the best.  He looked fast , smooth and consistent.  He was all smiles after practice.  Reed seemed to be able to come up with the same combinations, but not consistently and he didn't seem able to run as many consecutive laps at race pace.  Ferry looked good as did Fonseca, but RC and Reed look like they will be able to put serious distance on the rest of the field.  As everyone knows by know, Pastrana is skipping SX for the rest of the year.

In the 125's, it was all green.  Walker looked very fast.  Bubba was hard to get a read on as he would run a fast couple of laps and then pull off to have J-Bone work on the bike.  He could be playing mind games with the rest of the field, but it was hard to tell.  Sorby also looked smooth and seemed to have the fast lines down.  The Motoworld Suzuki's were the next bikes to watch.  During the last practice they seemed to figure out the faster lines and I wouldn't be surprised to see them up front.  I didn't see Preston on the 125.  Need to check RacerX and see what's up.

It looks like the rain is going to move north of Salt Lake and we should have some good racing.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
MX General riding in Utah is very different. The bikes are down on power compared to seal level. I rode my YZ 250 down around lake Mead one time. It was dammed fast. Very flat up here in comparison.

It is very different for the kids riding 80's. Lets talk about no low end......

Top Bottom