lap138

Apr 29, 2002
I have been fighting this all season. I feel like I can never over grip the throttle enough. I am trying to keep my elbows high in the corners and stay in the " attack postion " as much as possible but it seems that I cant twist the throttle as far as I need or want to with out dropping my elbows (mainly coming out of corners) . My throttle grip is similar to the grip you would give a door knob, so that the action would be a twist instead of a arm drop ( if that makes sense ). I was told to maybe cut my bar by a 1/8 of a inch on each side and that might help. Has anyone else had this problem ? I am not to eager to go chopping my bars unless it would help.
thanks
lap138

Aug 6, 2000
I used to have this problem untill I found the right set of bars. I used to run the CR high bend but I found the YZ bend to be better suited for me and it help me keep my elbows up. I'm tall too (6'1") and people say I should use the CR high but I found on a couple of people the lower the bar the easier it is to keep the elbows up

vwwww

Aug 21, 2001
I never have had this problem before, until this year, I bought a new ktm 125. I had the same problem as you, bought a quick pull throttle cable and it made a huge difference, very easy to be full throttle, great on a 125 not sure I would want it on anything bigger.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Just try to regrip the throttle in a section that it is safe.

By regriping I mean let the grip go and twist your wrist up to grip higher on the throttle.

Maybe this will help.
B

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom