danielson603

May 6, 2008
alright i know you guys are either going to think im crzy or stupid probably stupid but i have never ridden a dirt bike before today but i bought a brand new 07 yz250f. i got it off the back of the truck and was playing a bit when a retard that i know decided to jump in front of me with a camera so i dodged him and hit the oil tank behind my house instead. the only thing that hit the tank was my right hand grip(throttle) and now it is sticking. unfortunately it is dark out already so i cant rip it apart to figure out what i did but any ideas of what i should be looking for 2morrow???

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Loosen the two clamp bolts and slide the tube a LITTLE bit away from the master cylinder. Probly just bumped it in a bit so it's rubbing on the handlebar.

danielson603

May 6, 2008
thank you so much man. that did the trick wonderfully. Im lucky i read that cause i would of ended up ripping the whole thing apart 2morrow. now the next step is not killing myself while i learn to ride the thing.

voodoo-pathy

May 1, 2008
I hope you get the hang of it soon couse thats a nice bike to dump continuosly. A big thing is to not let it get you down if it doesent come right away. I learned on a 02 yz250 as a first bike and that was not fun. I almost packed it in on the sport all together luckely i found a four stroke. Best of luck though

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Pffft. You're gonna drop it, ALOT. Have fun w/it and try not to be afraid of it. Confidence is key. Practice, practice, practice.

danielson603

May 6, 2008
i know im gonna drop it alot when learning thats y i went all out and got a bike that could take it. i ride my snowmobile really hard big jumps big hills and deep powder and i learned all that only in one year but obviously there is alot more to a bike ALOT more i just hope people stay out of the way now. but as for the confidence i got that i just hope its not too much i had it in 3rd gear within my first 15 minutes on it and was making tight corners spinning the rear tire all the way through. as for that i read the manual last night and there is tons of **** that they say should be replaced after break in is all of this really neccessary???

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Most of it yes. Oil and filter is the bare minimum. Don't get too cocky, ride within your skill level. People get seriously hurt tryin to go too big without the skills to back it.

riot983

Feb 12, 2008
the more falls the more you learn. at least thats my way of thinking. and dont be scared to push yourself. go out with a few riders that are more experienced and it will help you progress.

danielson603

May 6, 2008
went down 4 times today and the bike is still good minus the pipe and the clutch lever is a lil bent up but no bad

i accidently got myself into a 5th gear wheelie trying to jump off a lil bump and lost control. went down on my hands and knees destroying an ankle taking 3 big chunks of skin out of my left hand and pretty much ripping all of the skin off both my knees but i had fun and i will be visiting the hospital 2morrow for my ankle if the swelling doesnt go down.

but the reason why im making this post is because is my clutch is dragging, even with the the clutch all the way in once u put it in gear the bike wants to move and shifting is very hard sometimes it just wont go into gear and sometimes when i stop riding the bike wont go back into nuetral like it wont even skip over nuetral into second either.

it has been like this before i ever dropped the bike too i thought it was normal because its been doing it after about an hour of drive time but i have been told that it is not normal.

the dealership put too much oil into the bike and that flows through the crank case too, could that be the problem if not what is?

Top Bottom