Payloader

Jun 3, 2007
I've been riding atv's for the past 5 years, but just recently I though I'd try out a dirtbike, So I bought a 1995 cr250 used, and I've been having some troubles with the twist throttle, (bumps ect.) and I was wondering if anyone out there has put a thumb throttle on a dirtbike, if there are kits or if old atv parts would work, and if its even possible.
Any help is appreciated.

May 9, 2007
Just get used to the twist throttle. You'll find that since you have to move around so much and go from standing to sitting to standing so much that it's better than a thumb throttle anyway.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Several years ago I rode with a loal pro ATV rider who ran a thumb throttle on his YZ250. It worked for him. If you're more confortable with the thumb throttle, put one on your bike. It will hurt you if you ride other people's bikes much, but if not, it's best that it work for YOU. It will also lessen the number of people that ask to ride your bike. :)

Payloader

Jun 3, 2007
So, I put an old polaris thumb throttle and old atv grips on it, took some modifying, but it runs great now, a couple freinds asked to ride it and only lasted for a couple minutes, and I dont think they'll ask again haha, but it works great for me, even when shifting between sitting and standing.

Top Bottom